Got a New Airplane Today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grgbulldog

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
A few nights ago I discovered the world of ultra micro planes from park zone. I've been lookin at them for a few days, and while I was at hobbytown today, got the impulse to buy one. I got the p-51 BNF.

http://parkzone.com/UltraMicro/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ3600

I've wanted a plane for a few years now but never had sufficient funds or flying room. This was perfect. Got the 4 channel so there was room for improvement and off I went. There were 5-10MPH winds today, and this little 1.2oz plane handled them really well. It is fast and manueverable. Not bad for a 1st plane. I tried to ditch it in the feild before it crashed, which worked until I hit my cousin's playground thing. Just a broken prop. I can't wait to get it back up in the air tomorrow. Sorry no pics now, maybe I'll post later.

I checked them all out. They really look great with authentic detail. I'm tempted to go for the Piper Cub in the bind and fly version since I already have the Spektrum aircraft transmitter. $89 to fly in the yard. Can't beat that.

Yes. I looked at them both. I wanted the 4 channel. I'm assuming the cub would be better for a smaller area with its 3 channels and slower flight characteristics. This P-51 is fast though.

I guess you ordered the one with the complete electronics package.
In ANY scale, the Cub is a slow flier and the mustang, with the lower wing is fast. Much more maneuverable though.

The ultra micro p51 is 4 channel in rtf too I believe.

The only difference between the RTF and the BNF is normally the RTF includes the TX and the BNF doesn't.

The bigger p-51 comes with the 3 channels and you can add your rudder servo.

I've been eying that plane myself. They are great to fly, but around here, we have to watch out for hawks. They tend to carry them off like a small bird.

They carry the bigger ones off? Thats awesome.

Wow. That would not be good. I had seen vids of that o youtube, but never saw them actually carry it off.

I figured someone might like to see a little size comparison with the msr.

mustang.jpg

Its a good looking little plane. Thats for sure.

mustang3.jpg

If you already have a DSM2 TX, the BNF version is $99.

Exactly. Got it for 106.99 at my local hobbytown.

Broke my tail today, but CA'd it back together. All is good.

Nice, congrats man. I had the Sukhoi for about two days. Way too much for a first plane, although I did finally fly it a little. I'm with Rolex, I want the cub, but I think I'll go for the $169 BNF big cub. I've seen them fly, and you can get laser tag modules too.

Thats cool, like I said I wanted something small that I could fly in small areas. I can basically fly this thing in my small suburban front yard. I want to upgrade a eventually. The 4 channel is not hard to fly. The mustang is definately noyt as hard as the acrobatic sukkoi.

Thats cool, like I said I wanted something small that I could fly in small areas. I can basically fly this thing in my small suburban front yard. I want to upgrade a eventually. The 4 channel is not hard to fly. The mustang is definately noyt as hard as the acrobatic sukkoi.

If it wasn't so windy here, I'd love to have another one of the little micros. Have you flown planes before this one? I really wanted the Mustang when I bought the Sukhoi, but it was on clearance.

No. I had a firebird commander 6-7 years ago and it broke and w couldnt ever get it to fly again. A few years ago I wanted one but never got one. About the only flying I do is with my msr and on the sim for a few minutes everytime I go to hobbytown. I think the msr helped, but I had also never flown a heli other than a havac before that. I was flying that around the house with ease on the 2nd day.