Getting back to running MGT 4.6

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never had an MGT, but I understand the problem. Would like to see where the arms go and the pins and the stock skid/bumper that retains the pins. Not saying you have to do any of that just to appease my curiosity. I wasn't able to find any images that didn't hide everything I wanted to see. lol!

I've never had an MGT, but I understand the problem. Would like to see where the arms go and the pins and the stock skid/bumper that retains the pins. Not saying you have to do any of that just to appease my curiosity. I wasn't able to find any images that didn't hide everything I wanted to see. lol!

No problem ,I will do it tomorrow out in proper lighting ,pull out my Mgt. an take some detail pics with a tape
measure for scale ,it would give me something to do an besides ,I have to start putting it back together!

I will start on another post that I started several months back when I was installing the Fast Eddy bearings ,as
I never got to finish do to the aluminum hub issues ,so I will post pics there!....:cool:

It looks like they did the same thing as the t-maxx then. Nothing but plastic ears on the bulkhead locking the leading end of the pins together.

Hmm looks like it's going to be semi straight forward to mod the lower bulls, do you have any broken differences cases laying around still? Got to run the truck again after work, getting excited to really run it. The temperatures are making it difficult tho, only get like 30-45 minutes of run time so barely get it tuned then it gets dark, temperatures fluctuating so much... was 20f colder today and so much drier.

Pics finally lol
20190111_164704.jpg
20190111_164710.jpg
20190111_164711.jpg
20190111_164716.jpg
20190111_164724.jpg

Oh and olds thanks a bunch for the link, I remember seeing it back in the day but completely forgot about it. Really good info on that site. And really appreciate the input on this! I got a ways to go really learn rc's again but getting there slowly but surely.

That front skid plate looks pretty banged up an bent in ,that's why I made my own thicker one!

When it gets bent ,it will effect the steering an could bind the steering up sense the steering
rack is mounted to it ,it also stresses the servo!
Yours may not be doing it now ,but eventually ,it will!...:cool:

weirdly its not bent yet except for the little tabs under the A-Arms, scratched to hell yeah the back one is bad though... i was hopin that the LHS would have skids but nada, was planning on trying to make my own here before long or eventualy seeing if i could buy one of yours , but for now have a few more other items to work out.

weirdly its not bent yet except for the little tabs under the A-Arms, scratched to hell yeah the back one is bad though... i was hopin that the LHS would have skids but nada, was planning on trying to make my own here before long or eventualy seeing if i could buy one of yours , but for now have a few more other items to work out.

LOL..... yea ,I noticed that you have A FREAKIN SHUUOOOP!.....

Ahh, yeah sorta it's my work but I get full access, it's really nice! it's a fire sprinkler shop so no machining tools really besides a drill press and horizontal band saw. But should be able to do a fair bit with it. Also had another idea for the lower arm mounts, thinking what if were to remove the upper bulks and combine upper/lower arm mounts like a panel on each side. That mounts down to the skid.

Ahh, yeah sorta it's my work but I get full access, it's really nice! it's a fire sprinkler shop so no machining tools really besides a drill press and horizontal band saw. But should be able to do a fair bit with it. Also had another idea for the lower arm mounts, thinking what if were to remove the upper bulks and combine upper/lower arm mounts like a panel on each side. That mounts down to the skid.

Yea ,you might can ,I roughly looked at it last night ,space is limited on the skid plate ,I got a few of those top hinges ,
I am looking right now ,I got to go out to the shed an get an xtra a-arm to see!

Olds- i tried gettin some pictures where they mount up. pretty similar to t-maxx
Dont mind the dirt XD
Bulks 1.jpg
Bulks 2.jpg
Bulks 3.jpg
Bulks 4.jpg
Bulks.jpg

I don't think that I will get involved in trying to fab the altered hinge mount! ,However , I am glad
to see that your interested in the issue ,as you got me motivated to get my Mgt. back together ,I
am going to do something on mine ,but I am going a different route!

I am going to fab a plate that screws onto the front of the diff. that stiffens the first ear of the
diff. hinge mount together ,the pins will go through the plate not allowing the a-arm to flex out
on an impact an blow out of the diff hinge!

Well, at least for the lower pins, if you can find pins that are long enough to stick out, you can make a steel plate to connect the pins together. Should help with bending the pins or ripping them through the bulks like the tmaxx was prone to do.

Ran across this site as well that has some MGT aftermarket parts:
http://eracingpro.com/shop/5-

I don't know if it's an active site or anything. I sent them an email to see since when you go to http://eracingpro.com you end up with a "page not found" error.

Back