General and Savage Kit Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waste Land

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Been awhile since I've been around I know. Currently on my last month in Afghanistan in the Marines so had plenty of time to think of my upcoming projects and wastes of money.

Currently have a Savage 25 RTR sitting back at home. Thinking I may or may not ditch it for an upgrade. Just got a few questions to wether or not I sell it and drop MTs and just keep it simple with my brushless 1/18ths or upgrade to another MT.

1. Has anyone ever been able to figure out the Savage leaning problem with the gas tank? I remember trying everything and reading every possible thing i could but never could get it to disappear.

2. Did the Savage SS kits have the same gastank/lean problem? What about the new Savage X's

3. Are these Savage X motors worth keeping or is it better to go ahead and grab the kit and build with new elecs/motor

I apologize for not searching if these answers are out there somewhere but I'm in durka durka stan and the internet is painfully slow so be easy with me.

Thanks in advance
Jesse

As far as I know, all stock savage tanks have that issue. Most ditch that tank for something else. I'm currently running a truggy tank on mine. There is an OFNA tank that can fit pretty easily in the stock location. It's 125cc, but it solves the leaning problem:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBM24&P=7

If you have a longer chassis, you can experiment with other tanks pretty easily too. I have a HB extended TVP set on mine, so it gives me an extra inch near the engine. That extra inch allows me to run this tank:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSA9159

That tank is 150cc and the leaning issue is also not a problem with it.

From reading and minimal personal experience, HPI engines aren't bad for durability and tune. They aren't severe power houses or high RPM engines, but they get the job done.

for number one: this is what i found

I've seen running vids of it working from stellerrc on youtube!

Last edited by a moderator:
WasteLand (Jesse) , I miss you brother. Rest easy, I think about you often and stumbling upon this forum once more I find myself thinking about all the good times and every time I had to save the day because you broke something while bashing. I wish I was there to fix you in the end, I am so sorry I wasn't there for you.

Love you brother

Till Valhalla

Please if anyone on here can recall or has access to any of the pictures or videos posted by him I would absolutely love to have them.

Thank you!!!

1716691491172.png

WasteLand (Jesse) , I miss you brother. Rest easy, I think about you often and stumbling upon this forum once more I find myself thinking about all the good times and every time I had to save the day because you broke something while bashing. I wish I was there to fix you in the end, I am so sorry I wasn't there for you.

Love you brother

Till Valhalla

Please if anyone on here can recall or has access to any of the pictures or videos posted by him I would absolutely love to have them.

Thank you!!!

View attachment 190751
If you go through his posts he has some images that he uploaded here. But others he posted were linked from Photobucket, and it looks like his account there has been deleted.

Back