Gearing A Tmaxx For Low Torque

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrtims

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a 2.5 tmaxx that runs great but will not pull wheelies I have changed spur gears a few times but nothing has realy helped i am looking for some ideas of what pitch spur gear and also what clutch bell i should use I am not looking to go fast at top end just want to take off fast and have realy strong low end for climbing and mud boggin any ideas would be greatly appreciated

i no just the thing i was wondering the same thing but i found out the best way to do it. get the biggest spur gear you can getlike a 72 tooth(what i have) then get the smallest clutch bell you can find(i have a 16tooth) put them on and theres ur wheelies this will sum it up. ( first is spur gear second is clutch bell)
0o= more touque at the sacrifice of top end speed
o0= more top end speed at the sacrifice of torque

hope that helps

Last edited:
this question should be posted in the T-Maxx section instead of introduce yourself section. A lot more people would see it in the T-Maxx section.

Thread moved...

2 things. First, you can change gearing. If you want wheelies, go to a smaller clutch bell and a larger spur. That will increase low end torque.

But.....the second thing is mastering your tuning. No change in gearing can replace a properly tuned engine. You need to find the sweet spot, especially on the LSN. A properly set LSN will lift Maxx wheels without a problem. That's the trick.

Thanks For The Tips I Have Been Playing With The Tuning For A While And Sometimes It Does Do A Wheelie Everynow And Then And Sometimes It Don,t But I Do Not Have The Factory Gears Either They Were Changed When I Got The Truck A Few Years Ago But Now I Stripped Them Out And Need To Get New Ones Anyway So I Would Like To Go With As Much Torque As Possible

Back