Furitek Scythe SCX24

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zenithmfg1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Hello RCTalk, I am a newb embarking on my first build. I have a couple of kits I was going to do first but those require soldering and painting, which I have never done before. I figure this SCX24 build might be an easier introduction to the craft, no soldering or painting required.

The build will be on a Furitek Scythe Chassis with Furitek Stinger Power System, and a bunch of stuff from Treal. I had originally bought a few of these things to upgrade my Deadbolt, but decided it would by more fun to do a complete build. Since I don't have a step by step instruction manual for this, I am using the Deadbolt manual as a guide.

IMG_2035.jpg

Put together the links on the assembled axles. I have aluminum axles, but going to use the assembled axles for now to test out the build. Will eventually swap them out on the final build.
IMG_2036.jpg

IMG_2037.jpg

Putting together the transmission.
IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

Installed the transmission and axles on the chassis.
IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

Well, I got up this point and this is where I got stuck. Looks like I need some M1.4 nuts to secure the shocks to the chassis. Need to place an order. Will update when I make additional progress. Any advice, suggestions, and constructive criticism of the build will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2040.jpg
    IMG_2040.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2037.jpg
    IMG_2037.jpg
    577.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2037.jpg
    IMG_2037.jpg
    577.1 KB · Views: 52
Nice build so far. You can't just thread the shock balls into the chassis? Use a drop of blue loctite.

You are going to be extremely impressed with the Furitek Stinger.

Nice build so far. You can't just thread the shock balls into the chassis? Use a drop of blue loctite.
I don't think I can since there are no threads on the chassis.

You are going to be extremely impressed with the Furitek Stinger.
Can't wait to power this thing on. Heard a lot of good things on the Stinger. I was thinking of putting on a regular Komodo motor instead of the mini since the Scythe seems to be built for a regular Komodo. We'll see...
Lookin' good! I love the SCX24 platform...so much you can do with it.
I told myself I wasn't going to do anything smaller than 1:10 scale, but the SCX24 is pretty popular here and when the Deadbolt went on sale a few weeks ago, I jumped and yeah its a lot of fun. I had plan to built 20 of these things thinking it would be a cheaper build (what a noob, right?) than a 1:10 build. I think the budget now is only for 2 base on the cost of this build, LOL.

Last edited:
No issues at all with mine and I built it from scratch also.

IMG_0316.JPG

Back