Frustration Overload!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
A little background:
I live on a busy street, two lanes northbound, and two lanes southbound. Four houses down from us is a stoplight. In the past few years there has been a lot of construction south of us, a movie theater, shopping center, etc. this has increased traffic on our street significantly, enough that sometimes it's hard to get out of the driveway during rush hour.

Two weeks ago they re-paved the road, which was long over due. This morning we go to leave for work we noticed they finally put the stripes back on our road, only problem is that they added bike lanes and made our street a single lane north, and a single lane south. What are they thinking? Traffic has increased, so they give us less lanes? It is going to be a nightmare getting out of the driveway because now traffic will be backed up in front of our house, and on top of that there was a school bus blocking our driveway this morning, apparently in front of our house is a new stopping point. It took us almost five minutes just to back out of the driveway this morning. :doh: Thanks for letting me vent. Ugh!

When I used to live in this little town north of where I live now, every year in October was the world's largest covered bridge festival. Millions of people poured into the most sparsely populated county in Indiana. MILLIONS! The highways in every direction would be backed up for 10+ miles. The backroads were full of siteseers and locals like me who knew the alternate routes through the country. Whenever I pulled out into the line to cross a road, I didn't stop. I just pushed my way through them. But even then, my normal 40 minute drive was never less than 3 hours. I learned to hate out-of-towners so much I usually stopped and got out of my car right in front of anyone that honked at me for cutting them off. I would pop my hood and check my oil very slowly before I moved 😜

Bro, that would be the worst and one reason that I simply would refuse to ever buy a house on a main/busy road like that. I feel for ya brutha. :mad:

We have a thing called a twiddle. Two lane with turn lane. City come in and says they want to remove the turn lane add a bike lane instead. Seems the narrow lane slows down the speed of the cars. Traffic is not that heavy. Said it would cost 4 Million and add sidewalks on the other side of the street. Problem is there is no reason to build a side wall on that side so all the people that own property complained and the city decided not to build a sidewalk.
Now the price is up to six million, no sidewalk and it was suppose to start last spring? O well
At least I know what a twiddle is.

When we bought the house nineteen years ago, traffic was not that bad. it just keeps getting worse every year. This decision just baffles me. There is absolutely no logic, we get very little bike traffic to start with. I don't know how the school bus stop is going to work, usually the neighbors have the street filled with cars. It's going to be interesting until I adjust, I guess we will have to be getting up earlier in the morning.

When we bought the house nineteen years ago, traffic was not that bad. it just keeps getting worse every year. This decision just baffles me. There is absolutely no logic, we get very little bike traffic to start with. I don't know how the school bus stop is going to work, usually the neighbors have the street filled with cars. It's going to be interesting until I adjust, I guess we will have to be getting up earlier in the morning.
Oh man I sorry to hear this bud. Main roads are rough to live on. Especially when they add to or develop the area. Have they added a new development in the area as well? The cut in lanes is very boggling. As it will only create more traffic. Hate to say that. Just be careful wit those bike lanes. They don't pay attention to nothing. They will pop up out of no where on you.. I hope you the best of patience and calmness sir.... best of luck with the new arrangement. May the force be with you sir.....

Not in California's Economy, If I could get out of state I would do it in a minute, but can't afford it, and neither of us would survive a career change this late in the game. I don't even think we could afford to buy the house we are in if I had to do it again right now.

Not in California's Economy, If I could get out of state I would do it in a minute, but can't afford it, and neither of us would survive a career change this late in the game. I don't even think we could afford to buy the house we are in if I had to do it again right now.
Now i know why there is a mass exodus from California ( i left 30+ years ago, before the gang wars got too bad, but i was in LA.). I now live in upstate N.Y., and in the last year, i have met at least 50 people who are all transplants from every city from San Diego to Lompoc and everywhere in between. One guy i know, his entire family (parents, all of his siblings, him and his wife, and all of his aunts and uncles and cousins. In all, over 60 people in just his family) moved to this area from San Francisco last spring.

That sucks!
When we bought the house nineteen years ago, traffic was not that bad. it just keeps getting worse every year. This decision just baffles me. There is absolutely no logic, we get very little bike traffic to start with.
Perhaps they're counting on an increase in bicycle traffic, if they create a bicycle friendly environment. Thus reducing motor vehicle volume. Kinda like the car pool lane thing.

Now i know why there is a mass exodus from California ( i left 30+ years ago, before the gang wars got too bad, but i was in LA.). I now live in upstate N.Y., and in the last year, i have met at least 50 people who are all transplants from every city from San Diego to Lompoc and everywhere in between. One guy i know, his entire family (parents, all of his siblings, him and his wife, and all of his aunts and uncles and cousins. In all, over 60 people in just his family) moved to this area from San Francisco last spring.
Yeah man up state NY is a awesome spot where abouts? One of my buddies parents live up that way. It's beautiful up there..👍👍
Binghamton that's where he's from. Knew it would come to me eventually

Last edited:
That sucks!

Perhaps they're counting on an increase in bicycle traffic, if they create a bicycle friendly environment. Thus reducing motor vehicle volume. Kinda like the car pool lane thing.
Problem is most of the year its freakin' hot, so not much bike traffic during peak hours.

Time to install a helipad. 😜

army getting GIF

These bike lanes are going in everywhere. Here they built them and I literally never see anyone in them. So here in Tulsa they have this thing called the Wednesday night ride through the summer and a bunch of bicyclers gather to ride in a group; and on the weekend groups ride on the streets and plug stuff up - but never-not once, have I seen them using these new designated "bike lanes", they are always on the regular streets, in groups, jamming stuff up. Dude, I get it, I am sure it is enjoyable if you are into that stuff; I have very-very good friends that once cussed bicycles and then started doing it for exercise, now they love it. I get it, I really do, I do stuff they think is stupid. But they don't follow the road rules, but they expect drivers to respect them. I really get them fired up when I say "bicycler's are for lazy people - it is by default half coasting, just sitting on your azz" LOL - gets 'em fight'n mad!! Sorry for the rabbit trail, I just find it fun to pick on them; honestly, if I had time, I would probably like it too, I just have way funner stuff to do - like chase them turds with my TMaxx!!!! ;)

That royally sucks @Doom! I am so glad we live where we do and have non existent traffic unless there's road work, an accident or an event going on etc. I hate traffic and couldn't stand it the 18 months we lived in Reno NV. When I first got transfered there they were doing road work at an intersection and big section of one of the main roads it was a nightmare! It was my only route to get to work there was no other way to go and was only a 3 mile drive. Had several days took an hour and a half to go 1/2 mile and get to the stop light to be able to turn and go to work. We go there occasionally to get out of town or shopping for stuff we can't get here etc and I hate it! Was raised and have lived in the mountains and small towns for over 30yrs so I don't do city's or traffic at all!

Back