Frustration Overload!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That royally sucks @Doom! I am so glad we live where we do and have non existent traffic unless there's road work, an accident or an event going on etc. I hate traffic and couldn't stand it the 18 months we lived in Reno NV. When I first got transfered there they were doing road work at an intersection and big section of one of the main roads it was a nightmare! It was my only route to get to work there was no other way to go and was only a 3 mile drive. Had several days took an hour and a half to go 1/2 mile and get to the stop light to be able to turn and go to work. We go there occasionally to get out of town or shopping for stuff we can't get here etc and I hate it! Was raised and have lived in the mountains and small towns for over 30yrs so I don't do city's or traffic at all!
I feel your pain when it comes to bigger city traffic. I was born in LA, California, and originally got my license there, but then moved to where i am now, and even though it is a smaller city, i hate even driving here. Reno and Vegas though, are on a different level, due to all the tourists that have no clue what they are doing. (I have friends in the Reno/Sparks area, so i go out there a couple times a year, and i always have them drive when i am there.

Well, this morning was better, we left 40 minutes earlier. Much easier to get out, just not easy to get up earlier.
We are becoming hermits, we are getting to where we don't like to go anywhere any more...wont be long and we will become Agoraphobic! 🤣

Northeast to be specific.
Sorry well its really only from Philly east to AC, NJ. And to North border of NY and out to road island. Vermont, New Hampshire, and Main. Are pretty relaxed laid back people.for the most part.. Philly, NY, NJ, Conn.. forget about it.. they have issues 👍👍🤣🤣🤣

Sorry well its really only from Philly east to AC, NJ. And to North border of NY and out to road island. Vermont, New Hampshire, and Main. Are pretty relaxed laid back people.for the most part.. Philly, NY, NJ, Conn.. forget about it.. they have issues 👍👍🤣🤣🤣
Yeah, that about sums it up 😸

A little background:
I live on a busy street, two lanes northbound, and two lanes southbound. Four houses down from us is a stoplight. In the past few years there has been a lot of construction south of us, a movie theater, shopping center, etc. this has increased traffic on our street significantly, enough that sometimes it's hard to get out of the driveway during rush hour.

Two weeks ago they re-paved the road, which was long over due. This morning we go to leave for work we noticed they finally put the stripes back on our road, only problem is that they added bike lanes and made our street a single lane north, and a single lane south. What are they thinking? Traffic has increased, so they give us less lanes? It is going to be a nightmare getting out of the driveway because now traffic will be backed up in front of our house, and on top of that there was a school bus blocking our driveway this morning, apparently in front of our house is a new stopping point. It took us almost five minutes just to back out of the driveway this morning. :doh: Thanks for letting me vent. Ugh!
You got the road diet!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_diet

I'm in San Jose and they are doing that all over the place to "calm traffic". They a multi-lane road, remove a lane, add a 6 ft buffer between the cars and the bike lane. It slows people down because it's more difficult to get anywhere. i.e. it's a giant traffic jam!

They say it's also for the safety of the cyclist. It's because there are so many people riding bikes on these streets it's needed. <sarcasim>. The only people I see riding on those streets these days are the homeless guys carrying junk, and they ride in the center "suicide" lane anyway.

It's just a way for the politicians to force you to ride public transit. Something that they have way too much money into and doesn't work. Unless your a homeless person looking for shelter.

Best of luck.

Back