Found some of my old model railroading pics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My father was a major ho modeler. We had a huge layout in our basement. You guys reminded me of those days over forty years ago. He use to joke and say if he would have put his money into Lionel/American Flyer instead of ho we would have been millionaires. He had a few from his childhood but enjoyed the realism of ho over the big stuff. Did a lot of painting and dioramas for his train club. It took years to liquidate his collection for my mother. Those were pre Internet/eBay days...

Awesome story @Jimbobjr . I would love to have a Lionel collection. The old ones are worth some good bucks now.

@WickedFog that's some really awesome skills you've got there. Nicely done man!
Thanks Woodie. I hope I can still do that kinda stuff for my crawler course. Will be fun scratch building again.

Awesome story @Jimbobjr . I would love to have a Lionel collection. The old ones are worth some good bucks now.
Sadly I did not keep any of his ho or Lionel. My mother needed the money from the collection. It was a small side business he created and would buy and sell at swap meets. He was also an importer off fine brass engine models from the Far East. I think many were made in Japan and South Korea.

Sadly I did not keep any of his ho or Lionel. My mother needed the money from the collection. It was a small side business he created and would buy and sell at swap meets. He was also an importer off fine brass engine models from the Far East. I think many were made in Japan and South Korea.
Oh man, yeah the brass stuff is super cool. I had a home one time that I could have done a large HO layout, but I never was into running the trains as much as I was just building scenes to display them.

Oh man, yeah the brass stuff is super cool. I had a home one time that I could have done a large HO layout, but I never was into running the trains as much as I was just building scenes to display them.
Dad built some dioramas but his real talent was painting and weathering. He was a founding member of this club https://www.schuylkillvalleymodelrailroadclub.com/
Idk if thereā€™s a club near you but I would be a great place to show case your talent. Really nice work you have above^^^

Dad built some dioramas but his real talent was painting and weathering. He was a founding member of this club https://www.schuylkillvalleymodelrailroadclub.com/
Idk if thereā€™s a club near you but I would be a great place to show case your talent. Really nice work you have above^^^
Thank you. I would join a club, but this is my club here. I am disabled and cannot get out and about, so you guys are stuck with me šŸ˜‰

Totally understand. Sometimes we need to make sacrifices to survive..
I'm kind of the same way, rarely would I actually run them because I enjoyed building.
The Grandkids would come over once in awhile and make Papa fire them up.. :)

All man needs to do is walk through an area. I want to find a place in the sticks and look like the mountain dew guy.
100% agree with that. And no neighbors for aleast a acres on all sides

I can remember years ago when I was a little kid and my mom would dig out the trunk with all the Christmas decorations in it. I used to love setting up the little Christmas town with all the figures and buildings. We also set up an old plastic battery powered train around the tree.

Back