FMS Max Smasher V2 Initial Thoughts and Paint

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm such a dumbass. I died the centers black, and just remembered I have a bag of black wheels 🤪
20230407_194145.jpg

I didn't like the back of the wheels showing all that white, so I am dying the back side black. I used an eyedropper to fill the pockets in the back, then after a few minutes I held the wheel in the pan of scalding hot dye to do the lip. Redoing the pockets to darken them a bit more.
20230407_202712.jpg

I also tried dying the front lip, because the white kinda shows behind the beadlock rings. But that was kinda scary, and it was bleeding into the rim. So I just took a Sharpie to the lip. I think this looks much better now.
20230407_204241.jpg

20230407_204224.jpg

This is what the front looked like before the Sharpie did its thing.
20230407_204702.jpg

Oh, if @Xraycer doesn't buy one, we need to kick him out of the cool kids club 🥾 😵

Last edited:
Got the beadlock rings dyed with Rit scarlet red, but they look a little more pale maroon, kinda like red primer. At least if I paint them with the red body color, if they get scuffed, it won't be seen as easily. Heck, I may try to color match the paint to this color. I kinda dig it. I may even just dye the body this color too. Still undecided 🤔
View attachment 163123
View attachment 163124
I like it. I think as long as its the same as the body it will be badass!

Well I tried to dye the two body mounts to see if the white plastic would take dye. I almost ruined the first one I tried. It started to warp, and the dye wasn't even that hot. Had I left it in another 10 seconds, I am betting I would be buying a new body.

But I think the body and mounting posts are two different materials. The posts are a bit more flexible, hence the warping.

I put a drop of hot dye on the underside of the body to see if it will even take dye, and so far I don't think it will. So I am back to painting.

My wife just asked the dumbest question she has ever asked.
Do those guys not realize you already have four 1/24 scale rigs?

Divorce crossed my mind. :mad:

Your supposed to have one for each month of the year, tell her your way behind.

Then who would cook you your guity treats when you cheat on your diet? 😉

1st coat of red applied.
20230409_231150.jpg

20230409_231635.jpg

Oh, and the red paint is about as perfect a match as I can get to the dyed lock rings. I'm glad too because I was hoping to not have to paint the lock rings 😉
20230409_232843.jpg

Last edited: