FMS Max Smasher V2 Initial Thoughts and Paint

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK you $%#^@*&'s you made me order one, are you happy?
😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜
Untitled170_20230407145151.png

Congrats @Doom! - I promise you, you're going to love it 😉

Last edited:
OK you $%#^@*&'s you made me order one, are you happy?
Hammer D. 4 da win!
@Doom! is the real winner with his soon to be new rig that can fit in the back seat of his newest for now rig.
(wait did that make sense?)
Wait What Reaction GIF

Ok guys. I have seen cute puppies, cute kitty cats, and cute babies. But this is the cutest durn thing I've ever seen!
20230407_151353.jpg

20230407_151414.jpg

Undecided if I should go with white wheels, or black.
20230407_151529.jpg

The top of the truck will be white. The bottom will be red. Like this.
1978_ford_f150_custom_by_germanidolgod_ddta3jk-fullview.jpg

Going to try to do black chrome trim, grille, bumpers, and roll bar, but not sure how that will hold up.

Ok guys. I have seen cute puppies, cute kitty cats, and cute babies. But this is the cutest durn thing I've ever seen!
View attachment 163082
View attachment 163081

View attachment 163083

View attachment 163084

Going to try to do black chrome trim, grille, bumpers, and roll bar, but not sure how that will hold up.
It's going to be badass! And with those tires....foof! 🤩😍👍
Maybe you'll put out a running vid before someone I know. (i wont mention names🔨)😜

It's going to be badass! And with those tires....foof! 🤩😍👍
Maybe you'll put out a running vid before someone I know. (i wont mention names🔨)😜
I'm going to take my time with this one. Breydon won't be back for a couple weeks.

@Hammer Down - you figure out what the hell this is for? It doesn't fit the wheel lugs, or anything else for that matter.
20230407_152544.jpg

Oh, and these wheels come with a separate beadlock ring. It has to be glued on, but this is so cool because I can dye it red!😁😁😁
20230407_152832.jpg

The center caps come with two sets. Ones you can access the wheel nut through (pfft, who would use these?), and ones that look real. They are bolt in, and can also be dyed red 😁
20230407_153210.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 163082
View attachment 163081

View attachment 163083

View attachment 163084

They are some of the coolest little tires I’ve ever seen! The tires fit on there pretty good without glue until you start going nuts with it.. so you could try each for a bit, then if they keep coming off the rim you can glue them. I went black cause I was going for the murdered out look. 😎

I couldn’t figure out that T-handle either. 🤷‍♂️

That two tone red is exactly what I was gonna suggest. 👍

Last edited:
The wheels have 6 holes for the bolts, but the caps only have 2. I'll be drilling these out and adding 4 more bolts. Looks weird like this. Either that, or I'll dye the caps black 😉
20230407_153658.jpg

I didn’t quite understand that either…. I just left mine off cause I kept taking the wheels off to upgrade something and didn’t want to be bothered with them. But the weird wrench and only two screws in the caps was perplexing. 🤔

I didn’t quite understand that either…. I just left mine off cause I kept taking the wheels off to upgrade something and didn’t want to be bothered with them. But the weird wrench and only two screws in the caps was perplexing. 🤔
Could it be for scx24 wheel nuts? The typical "T wrench" can't fit into those deep wheel. 🤷‍♂️

They look badass all assembled. Well, just parts placed where they go 😉
20230407_154748.jpg

Could it be for scx24 wheel nuts? The typical "T wrench" can't fit into those deep wheel. 🤷‍♂️
Possibly!

With those tires I could probably drive that in my pool. 🤣
Oh hell, that is like Monster Truck nirvana! When Bigfoot was still a new thing it came here and drove in the Wabash river!

Got the beadlock rings dyed with Rit scarlet red, but they look a little more pale maroon, kinda like red primer. At least if I paint them with the red body color, if they get scuffed, it won't be seen as easily. Heck, I may try to color match the paint to this color. I kinda dig it. I may even just dye the body this color too. Still undecided 🤔
20230407_193701.jpg

20230407_193647.jpg

Got the beadlock rings dyed with Rit scarlet red, but they look a little more pale maroon, kinda like red primer. At least if I paint them with the red body color, if they get scuffed, it won't be seen as easily. Heck, I may try to color match the paint to this color. I kinda dig it. I may even just dye the body this color too. Still undecided 🤔
View attachment 163123
View attachment 163124

Looks good! 😍