First, most liked, and least liked Hobby Grade RC.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First: Traxxas Slash 2wd XL5 brushed (2015)
Most Liked: AE B74.1D
Least Liked: I like them all, but if I had to choose, it would be the slash or the rustler. Maybe even the mini b since of the ball stud/cup popping out problem.

Now you are just being nice LOL. I had a Hobby King Quanam Vandal, and i think that was made out of paper mache and the worlds cheapest toothpicks.
I had acme trooper, identical to hobby wing trooper. Handling was nice, but fragile, and diffs were junk. ESC died after couple of packs. I was breaking bulkheads without a single crash

Yup. If anything, Hobbyking taught me that "cheap" RCs are not cheap in the long run.

I had acme trooper, identical to hobby wing trooper. Handling was nice, but fragile, and diffs were junk. ESC died after couple of packs. I was breaking bulkheads without a single crash
Another first gen FTX Zorro. They are made from cheap toothpicks and brittle bubble gum.

Now I remembered, I still have about 1.5 of those little 16th scale MTs, Hellseeker and Bad Bug, AKA Acme 2040. They were the only decent thing I got off HobbyKing. Little buggers ran on 4s! Unfortunately, spare parts are gone. :( I managed to sell a ESC/motor combo from one of them, but even that was hard because it has a 3.0mm shaft.

Back