First Attempt at anything other then a solid color

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

untchbl

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I did this over the last couple days, with good old rattle cans, and liquid mask. The liquid mask is really time consuming, but the outcome is very nice.

I really need to look into an airbrush, so I can get after some serious painting.

Not to Bad for some rattle cans, and the first ever attempt at something somewhat fancy huh?

Brandon

1364New_lid-med.jpg

1364dirty_gt-med.jpg

Last edited:
Turned out preatty sweet! Nice job! Them colors look sweet together!! Thats a sweet RC10GT also! =)

That's a good start. Nice and clean. You'll find that things get more creative if you have an airbrush, but there's no shame in that paint job. Drive it with pride.

Thanks guys. I've always kinda leaned toward the artistic side, so a new air brush setup will be in my future for sure. I rather enjoyed painting this one.

Today I'll be trying my luck with the dremel to finish it out.

I'm also still up in the air weather or not if I want to mess with the liquid mask again. I really liked the ease of just throwing my design on the outside of the body, and then following along with an exacto inside, but I didn't enjoy having to rub and pull all that crap off. I have more time in that then anything. I may try my luck at masking tape next time around.

Brandon

I tend to lean towards masking tape myself.
That liquid mask can be a bitch to get off.
Nice job Brandon.

that's a great job with rattle cans I think.. you can only do so much with a spray pattern that big.. looks really good! I've never used liquid mask but I've heard you gotta put down like 4 coats for it to peel off nice n easy. Sounds like more of a PITA to me though. But anyways, nice work. :)

Thanks guys. I only did 2 heavy coats of the liquid masc. In the area's where it puddled up, it was very easy to peel back. Will see. I should be trying another one in the next couple days or so.

Probably the end of september, I'll start looking for some sort of airbrush setup. Nothing real fancy, just something to lay down some paint on the bodies with.

Brandon

Back