Finally new savage xl break-in hooray!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mackdaddy66

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, I finally got five tanks ran through my savage xl k5.9. Its in the 80's here today and i am using byrons 20% with 16 % oil and it sure sounded good. Had to stop and run a errand but i am gonna adjust it a little more tomorrow but i have to say this thing acts like a beast. I am just a basher but i am totally impressed with the ease of starting, seems to respond well to tuning, GONNA BE A AWESOME SUMMER WITH THIS TRUCK! Till something breaks i am not changin a thing, just gonna enjoy the Arkansas summer with my son and new wifey. LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!:first_place:

Congrats on the break in. If you broke her in on a flat level surface then when you run on grass, your temps will increase a bit. I hope you have a temp gun because it gives you a better sense of temp other than going by sound and smoke only. I'm also running the same fuel and I'm very impressed so far.

I need a temp gun so i am going to pick one up tomorrow, I was on a stand for three tanks and on asphalt for the final two but she really ran good especially by the fifth tank. Can't wait to get it to the park tomorrow, gonna have some fun. thanks!

Well, today i got tied up getting my camaro legal so i didnt make the park, so i ran a tank through it in my driveway and yard, couldn't really open her up and adjust the hsn cause of my small yard. i think i will charge the batteries up and head to the park in the morning for some fun. more to come !

Finally made the park ! I love this truck !

Well, I finally got to take the savage xl to the local park to tune and generally have some fun. Man this thing ran great, after 10 tanks i'm still using the factory glow plug, and there was grass, hills, gravel, dirt and even a pond. had to dodge the pond by the way. anyway, last night i took my reamer and made some holes in the windshield for cooling, and the temp stayed at 230. gonna be a fun summer. :D

Glad to see you enjoying the XL. I don't have experience with the 5.9, but it sounds like you've got it dialed!

Is this your first Monster Truck?

No, but it's my first new savage xl and definately my first k5.9, so far i see nothing but brute power, ease of tuning, and loads of fun out of this truck. It sometimes gets a bad rap because of the k5.9 mill, but it sure acts like a power house to me, time will tell but hey, i am very happy with this truck.

Back