Expected 1/8 electric buggy releases coming?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my eb48 2.1, still building it. I’m going with a protek 170 tbl servo and gensacearespammers 6000 mah battery(on sale at a main).
Also added the -2mm bulkhead setup front and back. And going to try the .3 Ackerman and steering bell.
We're going in the same direction, somewhat. At the suggestion of my brother-in-law I am also going with the -2mm bulkhead setup and the required parts for that adjustment. There are also a couple of the gensacearespammers 6000mAh Redline batteries on the way. That servo you picked out looks nice. Earlier today I called Tekno with a question about pinion gears. While I had them on the horn I asked about servos. The guy who answered the phone suggested MKS or Protek servos. The MKS HBL550 is a little less than some options and the specs look really good. If only it was available - it's backordered at my local shop and seemingly everywhere but from MKS direct right now.

If I go with one of the servos that was suggested, then that leaves only the transmitter/receiver, tires and paint for the body.

On the transmitter receiver detail - My "nice" transmitter is a Flysky GT5.
Anyone know if that'll be good enough to get me going?
I think I'll end up with a futaba 4pm or 7pxr eventually, but the budget is going to have to recover unless the upgrade is (nearly) absolutely necessary.

Tires...my BIL is coaching me through those decisions.

Body & painting - Hoping not to mess that up too bad.

It's coming along....Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen.

I’ve watched a bunch of videos on tires lately. And I’m sure I will end up with several patterns in multiple compounds eventually. But from what I’ve watched, JC Reflex tires are a safe bet in a lot of different conditions. That’s where I’m going to start.

Thank you.
Considering this buggy will be used for racing, not bashing, this is the type of buggy I am interested to learn more about.
A friend has a Tekno EB48 2.1 and is pointing me in that direction.
One of the local tracks (MHOR R/C) mentioned Associated first, but that was a very short conversation as I wasn't seriously considering a race buggy at the time.

Again - Thank you.
....More homework for me before a selection is made.
I'm not sure MHOR is big enough for 1/8th scale.... When I raced there they were heavy Team Associated.

I'm not sure MHOR is big enough for 1/8th scale.... When I raced there they were heavy Team Associated.
You're right about MHOR & about their inventory of Team Associated products. When I was considering which buggy to go with I was just referencing my brief conversation with the owner/manager about Team Associated. At the time racing buggies was just a thought and not much more. That certainly snowballed! I ended up with a Tekno EB48 2.1. I went that direction mainly because that is what my brother-in-law races with and he's familiar with the platform. He's been helpful getting my build sorted and I'm thankful for that. He's earned his Christmas present this year!

I am looking ahead to next season & 1/8 electric buggy outdoor racing here in Colorado.

Is anyone aware of product updates that might be in the pipeline from the major brands over the winter/spring worth looking for?

Just checking…
Thanks.
I don't know much about them but WIRC is a new brand on the market.

https://www.wrc-racing.it/

Seems to be an Italian company. Adrenaline RC is now selling them and WIRC is soliciting for drivers from the Adrenaline website as well.

https://www.adrenalinercracing.com/

I don't know much about them but WIRC is a new brand on the market.

https://www.wrc-racing.it/

Seems to be an Italian company. Adrenaline RC is now selling them and WIRC is soliciting for drivers from the Adrenaline website as well.

https://www.adrenalinercracing.com/
Looks nice, but I am far from a authority on recognizing what would make this buggy favorable (or not) compared to other brands.

However-

Are there any members here into bicycles?
Vicenza Italy, where this company’s office is located, is also where the Campagnolo factory is. Therefore these buggies must be superior. 😀😀

Last edited: