ESC and motor combo advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokin’dually

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Looking to upgrade electronics on my old RC 10, would like to go with the newer brushless stuff but just wondering if my drive train would have any issues keeping up with the new motors. Looking for opinions on what would be good lower mid range stuff, just getting back into it and just want to get it running again.

Attachments

• 56C966F7-5E9F-4607-BF3B-09A6DDA60EAD.jpeg
    56C966F7-5E9F-4607-BF3B-09A6DDA60EAD.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 56
Castle sidewinder3 with a castle 3800kV motor on 2S should be fine. Or something roughly equivalent. Thats what I'm planning to put in my gold pan eventually

Welcome to the party here at RCT. I would agree with Wolf74 above ☝. The castle sidewinder and a higher 38 - or higher should be fine. I'm upgrading my original gold pan as well. Along with a rc10t build... what trans do you have the 6 gear or the stealth 3 gear? Hope your lighting is better on your end all we can see is black 😉👍🤣🤣.

I’m pretty sure it’s the six gear, been probably 25 years since I’ve been in it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Looking to upgrade electronics on my old RC 10, would like to go with the newer brushless stuff

HW Max 10 Combo could be a good fit (with program box). Not scensored, but smoother than a Arrma Combo. On my 2WD Slash;

IMG_3240.JPG

Scensored? HW XERun ESC (80A) + 13,5T combo could be pretty good for the price and the quality;

IMG_3893.JPG

Finally, scensored HW XR10 (120A) + 10,5T motor could be excellent, but not cheap. I bought a use last month;

s-l200.jpg

The Castle is pretty good too. Lot of guys have Sidewinder on outside track.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure it’s the six gear, been probably 25 years since I’ve been in it
Yes sir that is a 6 gear tranns. I would tear it down and rebuild with fresh grease.. and clean re oil bearings to be on the safe side first honestly I would break down the whole car and clean all bearings and re oil them. The HW would be a other option.

Back