E-Revo or MERV?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm thinking about getting either an E-Revo or a MERV but I'm not sure which one to get. The mini seems kind cool since I already have 3 1/8 scale MTs and a 1/10 scale MT. Admittedly though I only have 1 Electric MT.

That being said it almost seems like the 1/10 Erevo would be faster and generally I find the bigger truck more fun to play with however everyone RAVES about the MERV.

If you guys were gonna get one, which one would it be?

Last edited:
If I could afford it, I would go brushless E-revo without a second thought over its little brother. Mervs are very fun though, but the size and all that badassness in the full sized on 6s would be where its at.

Really comes down to how much you want to spend. The merv is really too small for inside use, so they both are to run outside. If you are talking about getting the brushless 1/10 e-revo you are talking like 400 more than the merv and by the time you buy a few batteries maybe a few upgrades you are going to be close to a grand spent. However like you said you prefer the 1/10 scale size so you want to get what your going to enjoy more. The 1/10 is a bit faster because it has the mamba monster and also runs on 6s. The merv you can run in water and snow with no issues. The 1/10 e-revo you have to be careful as the ESC is NOT water proof. Keep in mind parts prices as well to. If it was me and I had the extra money to throw around I would probably go with the 1/10 e-revo. That monster with the standing back flip capability, and how fast it is is just sick.All in all it is up to you and what you think you will get the most fun out of.

Last edited:
The big Revo or even a Savage Flux if I had the cash for it. They are both sick! That being said, I'm surprised at how well the MERV does in areas where I would normally run a bigger rig. But, it does get bounced around more, and you have to gear it down to keep from overheating, as obstacles are much larger from it's standpoint.

Another thing to factor in is the cost of packs. I was sure I'd run the MERV on 3s only, but after talking to guys here and watching some youtube vids, one 2s pack is plenty of power, and I get them for $9 each. The big merv good packs are going to run $30 each, and you need two for each run to get big power out of it. So I have four runs worth of packs for $36, on the big Revo that would be $240 worth of packs.

Good luck either way greywolf!

Sorry guys my post was a Typo....I said I have 3 1/18 scale MTS....I ment, I have 3 1/8 Scale MTs already....one of them runs on 6S an LST2-E Conversion, the other is a XXL, then a Savage X SS, and the 1/10 scale is a Mini MGT......Thats why I'm thinking about going with the MERV....I dont have any minis......I do have a Micro but no minis :)

That being said I almost want the big VXL 1/10 Revo simply because the big tehy are the more fun they typcially are and Id like to have one just to see what theyre all about....everyone loves them and i feel like I should one at least for awhile to say been there, done that and heres what I think about it. Then again The merv is pretty much a scaled down replica of the real thing so maybe I can kill two birds with one stone.

i love my 1/10 e-revo so much i hardly drive my other rigs. if you have the money it is well worth it.

If I had the money, I'd go with the eRevo Brushless Edition. Great handling and speed right out of the box. It can keep up with 1/12 scale pan cars on a race track. I have a mERV and it's a great little truck.

I have the mini e revo it is so fun out of the box it's fast and with two its crazy fast. I love mine. It is a lot of mony but so worth it

Back