E-MT for X-Mas?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charliejp

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm wanting to buy my nephew a MT for Christmas. He really likes my nitros but I dont want him to have to worry abou fuel so I'm looking at electrics. Does anyone have any suggestions? Needs to be 1/10 or bigger and prefer not Traxxas.:\

Have a look at the HPI E-Savage. Seems to be right for the application.

Yep I love my esavage its awesome and takes a beating!

e revo or e maxx.

the hpi wheely king is pretty good for a basher....and i know you said you dont like traxxas but the stampede is a great truck i love it

Wheelie King is a great truck. Stampede has a good reputation as well.

ERevo is a huge bump up in $$ and ESavage/EMaxx are in between. ESavage has the edge in durability.

e-savage for sure. its got a ton of great aftermarket support as well.

I know you wanted a monster truck, but have you considered the slash?

MT will be better slash does not do good in longer grass

Just curious, why the bias against Traxxas? Their latest offerings have been making leaps and bounds in quality and durability.

If I were to make another RTR monster truck purchase I'd probably get an E-REVO brushless edition.

e revo brushless edition mmmmmmmmm.sounds as good as the pizza i just ate

You are looking at around a grand to get it rollin tho.

yeah but he never said what he wanted to spend. so just shootin some things out there

If cost is not a concern, personally I would get an E-Revo. Not really sure what your boundaries are though. The less expensive models I talked about before are good trucks but if $$ isn't an issue the E-Revo is killer I think.

He is one heck of an uncle then

Allright guys, I dont just hate Traxxas but I'm a little dissapointed with my Revo. Theres also the option of doing the conversion on my 3.3 Revo. I just know how it is to get that shiny new MT. Even though they dont stay that way, its sure nice to know all those scratches are from me. The E-Revo is probably a little out of price range brand new just because I dont know if the hobby will last for my nephew. Looking to spend between 3 and 4 hundred dollars. Thanx for all the replies.

Esavage with a nice set of nimhs would be perfect. Grab a few extra outdrives as well

I've looked at a couple of ESavages on youtube and they do look like there pretty durable. Thats probably what I'm going to go with.

I wouldn't even spend that much if you aren't sure he'll use it. I suggest Wheelie King or Stampede or even the new Losi High Roller.