The "S" and "C" on LiPo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't do the math to back it up but I fully believe that just based on my wiring experience. Even a 6" run of 10 gauge with a 90amp rated connector on it would get hot very quickly if you tried to push the over 200amps many of these batteries claim to be able to produce through it.

I use the same packs in my bashers as my crawlers so they are all rated for the bashers. Sometimes I won't use a pack when I'm out crawling so I come home and throw it in the Vorteks. I will just do some rips up and down the street until it hit's LVC which takes about 10 minutes max on a 5200 pack.

I do know that when I dump a battery through the truck like that the wiring and connectors definitely warm up a bit.
Definitely true. I've seen temperatures in my tests on EC5 connectors over 200F and the most Amperage I'm pulling on average through a full discharge is about 85-90A. Thats why it cracks me up when I buy a 5000+mAh LiPo that claims to be 100+C and it comes with 12AWG leads 🤣

Thanks for sharing that example, I found an article here which might help explain why you're seeing the extra mass:
https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=174_175
Great article and the video they have in that article is also quite interesting.

When it comes to open mod classes then I'll pinch my pennies with Zeee packs which tend to last about 2/3 as long as TWC but are priced close to 1/3 as much making them more cost effective even though they don't perform as well nor last as long.
Have you given any thought to trying some of the higher end "budget" batteries like Liperior, CNHL G+, Regular Turnigy, or Zippy Compact as a possible replacement for the Zeee packs? I get that performance isnt as critical in the class where you use these, and they are anywhere from 50-100% more expensive than the Zeee packs, but no where near the price of Trinity batteries. Just curious.

Yes, I agree 100%.

You recommend pb blaster in other thread as the best tire sauce. Is it odorless or it has a strong odor? It works better than anything else like sxt or yellow liquid wrench?

It's by far the most aggressive sauce I've used, and VERY stanky... right up there with FDJ on the stank factor. SXT and LW are very low odor and not very aggressive.

What I like about PB is that it dries VERY fast and the odor isn't too bad when I use a drop bottle similar to Sticky Kicks:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079W7GWGP

I feel that PB is equivalent to the most aggressive sauce that Sticky Kicks offers but Sticky Kicks is low odor and dries fast if you want something similar to PB but will be way more expensive:
https://stickykicksrc.com/
Have you given any thought to trying some of the higher end "budget" batteries like Liperior, CNHL G+, Regular Turnigy, or Zippy Compact as a possible replacement for the Zeee packs? I get that performance isnt as critical in the class where you use these, and they are anywhere from 50-100% more expensive than the Zeee packs, but no where near the price of Trinity batteries. Just curious.

I have ran Turnigy packs in the past, they are solid, but gave up when they kept changing their specs and ran into inventory issues, maybe they've fixed that lately, so will consider trying them next time. I was eyeballing those Liperior packs on your tests to see if they can replace my Trinity packs, that is a strong contender when it's time for me to replace my stock packs... I don't race stock very often as the 1/10 program in my area is hit and miss, I'm forced to race mostly 1/8 classes.

Last edited:
Yes, but problem with most off brands is that if they claim higher c, it may not be higher c in reality. For example, chnl 70c black series is a truly high c battery, in comparison to the racing series that they claim 120c is much worst.

I will compare a spectrum battery 3s 50c vs 3c 100c. It's nearly 100g heavier

View attachment 160357

View attachment 160358
it is because the dimensions of the battery are different 🤦‍♂️

it is because the dimensions of the battery are different 🤦‍♂️
What dimensions have to do with weight. We are comparing different c rating but identical capacity.

Even if you take in account size, heavier 100c battery is 1.8mm thinner, 35.2 compared to 37mm for lighter 50c pack

Last edited:
What dimensions have to do with weight. We are comparing different c rating but identical capacity.

Even if you take in account size, heavier 100c battery is 1.8mm thinner, 35.2 compared to 37mm for lighter 50c pack
okay, my bad. it was just a misunderstanding