OFNA Dominator support SOS

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c4nni

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Turning to the best means of support when you need to know more in order to get something working....forums!!!

I recently acquired an OFNA Dominator monster truck from a pasted family member. He was really into RC everything and used to bring out toys for holidays and get togethers. 10 years ago he unfortunately pasted and it didn't get used at all. Actually don't know exactly when the last time it was ran. However i finally got a little hope that it may be restorable. I took it to a RC car store and the guy there looked at it and laughed and said he will give it the ol' college try. After adding fuel and a handful roto-starts it fired and ran for a brief moment. :) After a bit of tinkering with carbs and idle screws i was able to get it to idle and open up. The problem i'm really having is it doesn't move at all when throttle pressed. Like it doesn't get into gear or something is broke that apparently i can't see. I know very little about nitro cars and gears/motors. However i want to learn and get this restored for my kids and nieces \ nephews. Where should i start and how to begin?

C4nni

Make sure brake is not engaged, then make sure the clutch bell will move. A video will help. If clutch bell is moving and spur gear is moving, then you may have something wrong with the gear boxes.

Turning to the best means of support when you need to know more in order to get something working....forums!!!

I recently acquired an OFNA Dominator monster truck from a pasted family member. He was really into RC everything and used to bring out toys for holidays and get togethers. 10 years ago he unfortunately pasted and it didn't get used at all. Actually don't know exactly when the last time it was ran. However i finally got a little hope that it may be restorable. I took it to a RC car store and the guy there looked at it and laughed and said he will give it the ol' college try. After adding fuel and a handful roto-starts it fired and ran for a brief moment. :) After a bit of tinkering with carbs and idle screws i was able to get it to idle and open up. The problem i'm really having is it doesn't move at all when throttle pressed. Like it doesn't get into gear or something is broke that apparently i can't see. I know very little about nitro cars and gears/motors. However i want to learn and get this restored for my kids and nieces \ nephews. Where should i start and how to begin?

C4nni
Check all the set screws that are associated with the drive line. the cups where the front and rear dog bones slide into,also the center drive make sure all set screws are tight. If one set screw is loose, it will prevent the truck to move at all. The allen key you will need is a #2

Does it roll on the ground? I used the nitro wash once and the dirt washed into the bearings. They were locked up and wouldnt roll at all. All the wheel bearings and center diff were locked.