Dumbest RC related thing you have ever done?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see, you're good at moderation! The thing is, well, I'll tell you: Whatever I'm interested in (mainly my hobbies), I have a tendency to really get into it, and be a part of it. Basically, I don't just "do" my hobbies now and then, a weekend here, skip a week there, ect. I tend to do it more than that, if you get what I mean. I'm dedicated, you could say.

So I really don't want to get sucked into that kind of social media, ya know? Somethings it's better to never try and regret, (you know what I mean by "those things", smoking, drugs, ect.). So I might give it a try, but probably not.

I also user Offer Up, and sometimes Ebay. With the latter, you *can* score some good deals, but there's a lot of crap on there selling for a lot. I've spent hours sifting through that sutff, tryin' to find a good deal. So nowadays, I just search for what I'm looking for, use as many filters as I can, and go with it. Offer Up is a little better, but still you get people selling "barely used" Traxxas Stampedes for $150...
I'm only good at moderation on social media. Although i have never used Offerup, i have probably spent enough on eBay and Amazon to buy several brand new RC's. I prefer used though, because i like to tinker a lot, so, ill buy a used slider, and then try different things with it, like different ESC's and motors, tires, or, in the case of a few of mine (Arrma 3S, DHK Hunter, DHK Raz-R, my multitude of HSP based vehicles), ill buy a used slider, then combine parts from different models from that manufacturer, and build it how i want. My current obsession is turning SCT's into SCT/truggy/MT hybrids. Then, i go run them hard, see what breaks, fix them, run them some more, then, get bored with that build and do something else with it. I am currently working on building a SCT/Rally hybrid, but, i havent decided if i want it 2WD or 4WD, or one of each, or which vehicle to start with. Out of all the vehicles i have, my first Losi 22S SCT is still stock, and my original Arrma Fury is 95% stock, everything else is a combination. I carry my Fury, and either the Hunter or my Arrma 3S everywhere i go, summer and winter, because i dont go one day without running one of them. Lately, since its gotten better weather, i have been carrying the Fury, the 22S, and either the Arrma or the Hunter with me. Last weekend i ran the 22S and the Fury at the track we run our 1:1 race cars at, before they started testing and hot laps.

A couple of weeks ago, and by accident, I methodically soldered a battery EC5 connector wrong. I had the positive and negative backwards. I then proceeded to plug the battery into the charger and nothing happened. I performed a quick check and immediately saw the error of my ways. No damage to either the battery or charger but I felt like an ignoramus and scolded myself for days.

My dog, an incredibly hyper black lab, loves to run. My middle aged, out of shape arse does not. I've found the best way to give him exercise is to let him chase the RC cars. Went to the park yesterday afternoon with the wife, dog, and the outcast to test some esc settings. Had a few beers, wore him out, loaded up to head home (with the wife driving of course....DONT DRINK AND DRIVE... unless its rc:)) In my mildly inebriated state, I didn't realize I left the transmitter on the roof of the car. Went back to get it and found it in the parking lot, still on, and damaged. When it fell off the roof, landed on the steering wheel and broke the internal mechanism that control spring return. Searched briefly online and can't seem to find parts so I guess the bright side is, I'm getting a new transmitter.

I see, you're good at moderation! The thing is, well, I'll tell you: Whatever I'm interested in (mainly my hobbies), I have a tendency to really get into it, and be a part of it. Basically, I don't just "do" my hobbies now and then, a weekend here, skip a week there, ect. I tend to do it more than that, if you get what I mean. I'm dedicated, you could say.

So I really don't want to get sucked into that kind of social media, ya know? Somethings it's better to never try and regret, (you know what I mean by "those things", smoking, drugs, ect.). So I might give it a try, but probably not.

I also user Offer Up, and sometimes Ebay. With the latter, you *can* score some good deals, but there's a lot of crap on there selling for a lot. I've spent hours sifting through that sutff, tryin' to find

Wasn't SlowGreen into comp crawling a few years back (and I saw his thread on his new-found love for the famous SCX24)? I don't know how well you can rank in comps when you keep your thousand dollar plus rig for less than a month! 🤣🤣
He bought, modified, and yes sold, his scx24 in under a month lol.

He bought, modified, and yes sold, his scx24 in under a month lol.
For real? I remember him saying how much he liked it, to his surprise, and how the '24s are so much cheaper and more light hearted than those expensive comp rigs he used to have. Can't really tell if you're joking or not, the "🤣" emoji is quite useful for that kind of stuff...lol

My dog, an incredibly hyper black lab, loves to run. My middle aged, out of shape arse does not. I've found the best way to give him exercise is to let him chase the RC cars. Went to the park yesterday afternoon with the wife, dog, and the outcast to test some esc settings. Had a few beers, wore him out, loaded up to head home (with the wife driving of course....DONT DRINK AND DRIVE... unless its rc:)) In my mildly inebriated state, I didn't realize I left the transmitter on the roof of the car. Went back to get it and found it in the parking lot, still on, and damaged. When it fell off the roof, landed on the steering wheel and broke the internal mechanism that control spring return. Searched briefly online and can't seem to find parts so I guess the bright side is, I'm getting a new transmitter.
Well, I think I know a way to get YOU into shape too! The solution: Run after 6omph+ Outcast (I'm assuming you have the Outcast 8s EXB), alongside with your dog! That should get that "arse" in shape! 🤣🤣

Huh, cool way to let him get some exercise! Does he chase them because they move (fast), or because RCs emit the higher pitched motor/ESC sound coupled with the radio waves we can't hear? Whenever I'm driving one of my rigs, and I see a dog coming, I'll drive the RC back to me, and pick it up. I've found that some dogs go bonkers around these things, let's just say. But others, like older dogs, don't seem to be bothered by it, strange.

Anyway, bummer! I don't mess with the insides or radios, I once took apart the stock radio that came with my 144001, to see if the steering wheel mech was broken (it wasn't, the servo was stripped 🤦‍♂️:doh:), and I never got that steering wheel return system working again. Luckily now I'm using a better radio, the DumboRC X6. I think we've already talked about that radio!

What new radio are you looking at? Wait, was it the stock radio, or your FlySky one? (I think you were the one with the FlySky radio)

For real? I remember him saying how much he liked it, to his surprise, and how the '24s are so much cheaper and more light hearted than those expensive comp rigs he used to have. Can't really tell if you're joking or not, the "🤣" emoji is quite useful for that kind of stuff...lol
Nope, not joking, annnnd I believe he is building a new comp rig, so look for that in the classified section in the near future lol.

My story isn’t anywhere close to y’all’s!! But it’s still a bonehead RC’ers nightmare!!! I ordered several wheels and tires and during the glueing process yup!!! I glued one to my thigh!!! It freaking burned and hurt when I ripped the tire off. Any other time the CA thin glue doesn’t set up that fast but that day it did. For a few days it looked like I had a bad case of ring worms. Not to mention the many times I’ve glued my fingers together!!! Lol!!! Happy RC’ing Y’all!!! 🇺🇸❤️🤘🏽🏁

My story isn’t anywhere close to y’all’s!! But it’s still a bonehead RC’ers nightmare!!! I ordered several wheels and tires and during the glueing process yup!!! I glued one to my thigh!!! It freaking burned and hurt when I ripped the tire off. Any other time the CA thin glue doesn’t set up that fast but that day it did. For a few days it looked like I had a bad case of ring worms. Not to mention the many times I’ve glued my fingers together!!! Lol!!! Happy RC’ing Y’all!!! 🇺🇸❤️🤘🏽🏁
Not laughing at you, but with you on this one. Superglue and skin seem to be one of the strongest bonds. Been there done that. Good thing skin grows back. 🤣

Obviously you don't know @slowngreen very well. He probably kept it about 2-3 weeks, at the most. That's about as long as he keeps any rc lol.
Until I saw this post I was about to post and say "and I bought it a week later. :hehe:

BTW theres another thread just like this one HERE. Someone might want to merge them.

Dumb mistake: getting a brushed Senton and trying to convert it to brushless. Turns out, it isn’t brushless ready, should’ve gotten the BLX.

Back