Doom's current SCX24 lineup.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Did a body swap on my second Deadbolt, picked up a Chevy truck body to put on it for a little variety. Took a little creativity but got it mounted and added headlights.

PSX_20220226_192257.jpg

The rest of the gang, the new Jeep Gladiator, Deadbolt "Ogre", and Injora frame "Nightmare"

PSX_20220226_192124.jpg

Thanks, I always wanted the truck, figured I could just pick up the body and swap it to the deadbolt. Took some manipulating because I was to lazy to figure out what other parts I needed to make the swap. ;)

If I come over and play I got the black one with the skull 💀

Very nice assortment. Really digging the jeep. That chevy has been crawling through my head. 😂 I saw a 1/24 trailer to 3d print for it.

Nice! Love the headlights. How'd ya do it? Give us a tutorial 😉

I need to grab those Gladistor frame rails. I think that will be ideal for my 6x6 build.

Thanks, I always wanted the truck, figured I could just pick up the body and swap it to the deadbolt. Took some manipulating because I was to lazy to figure out what other parts I needed to make the swap. ;)
Good looking fleet!

Nice job on getting that C10 body on the Deadbolt foundation. The links/drive shaft system are very different between the 2. Those headlights are killer on it!

Nice! Love the headlights. How'd ya do it? Give us a tutorial 😉

I need to grab those Gladistor frame rails. I think that will be ideal for my 6x6 build.

The headlights were super easy, the body already has the buckets installed. I used the standard scx24 lights, and plugged both sets of lights into a y harness. Pretty simple....has to be, I know squat about electronics.

I did a few things to the Jeep Gladiator last night. First I removed the velcro they use to latch the body shut. I knew it wasn't going to last, I have never had good luck with velcro holding on an rc body. While I was working on something else I opened the body and the velcro had let go, so I glued in some washers and magnets. Holds much better now.

PSX_20220228_124116.jpg

Next, I wasn't diggin' the silver wheels with the tan body, so I threw on a set of black wheels and tires that came on the deadbolt, then added some wheel weights.

PSX_20220228_124606.jpg

Also removed the travel pack thingy off the rear end and added a spare tire. I was hesitant to add the weight up high but figured what the heck.

PSX_20220228_124257.jpg
PSX_20220228_124444.jpg

The pictures don't show it but I also removed the front bumper, and tried swapping an injora bumper but it was interfering with the internals when the front end was compressed. I ended up leaving it off for now. Going to figure out something different.

I was at the hobby shop today and they have a whole bunch of 1/24 scale stuff. I’m holding out a while longer. But I know it’s going to happen. I feel like the girl in the commercial “Girl don’t do it” .
I'd love to see what you'd do with an SCX24. So get back to the hobby shop right now and get a couple. I've had lots of RC cars and trucks, and these little guys are the most fun.

G speed makes a frame but it’s sold out . I can start collecting parts in a little while. I’ll start a thread after some more research . Got to wait to take the plunge. Racing season starts soon and I think the 1/24 might be perfect next winter thing.

Back