Doom!'s Whatchamacallit 6x6

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
The other day when Ali Baba had these SCX24 compatable 6x6 chassis on sale, I decided to splurge and give one a try. It arrived within a weeks time which was pretty decent.

PSX_20240128_190554.jpg

Looks great, I think the shocks are a bit stiff, will probably swap the springs out. One thing to be careful with is to check all the nuts and bolts. There were quite a few loose ones.

Tonight I dropped an Injora servo and motor into it. Don't have a receiver or esc for it yet, unless I raid one of my SCX24's, but I'm not in that big of a hurry.

I'm planning something different for this one. Going to make it a bit SCI-FI.
Something along the lines of these.
R-1.jpeg

adobestock-220471475_orig.jpeg

Now I have to start coming up witha design for the body, then to actually build it. Going to take a bit, but I don't want to rush it. When I get started I'll post updates.

Glad someone jumped on this. I just have too many other projects. Please let us know what you think and keep us posted on updates. I live vicariously through others. Lol.

Will do, just seemed like a good deal while it was on sale, and a lot cheaper than a new Vanquish. 🤣 .

Nice. I was hoping you'd grab one. Can we see it next to your other 24th scalers?

Back