Does anyone know what happened to @GreyWolf74??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes work Kev, lots of work.
This morning we drove out 6 miles to a portion of the Weiser River Trail which was donated by the Union Pacific Railroad. The call them rails to trails.
Anyway, the wife dropped me off and i was going to ride back to town, but I only made it a few hundreds yards and became so short winded that it made me nervous so I called her back.
We drove back to town and I jumped on my road bike and rode 3 miles with no problem what so ever. I guess my body just wasn't ready to run gravel.

It takes work Kev, lots of work.
This morning we drove out 6 miles to a portion of the Weiser River Trail which was donated by the Union Pacific Railroad. The call them rails to trails.
Anyway, the wife dropped me off and i was going to ride back to town, but I only made it a few hundreds yards and became so short winded that it made me nervous so I called her back.
We drove back to town and I jumped on my road bike and rode 3 miles with no problem what so ever. I guess my body just wasn't ready to run gravel.
Was it at a different altitude? When we went to Colorado, I was in pretty good shape, but I felt like a 90 year old man walking the trails there. I was a heavy smoker then too though. But man, what I wouldn't give to go back there with some crawlers 😉

No actually it's the same and only 6 miles out of town. Not sure what happened but I would have loved my oxy machine at that point.

No actually it's the same and only 6 miles out of town. Not sure what happened but I would have loved my oxy machine at that point.
You just need to take some Perri-Air in case that happens man 🤣
SpaceballsAir.jpg

I think I would have to be unemployed to even have the energy to get back in shape. Certainly can't afford that. We are making an effort to get a little more active, but it's hard when it's 100° F outside. This morning we did yardwork for an hour and I felt like I ran a marathon.

This afternoon, I took the toilet out so we could put a new wax donut in it, because when they did our floors a couple years ago they didn't seat it well and it started to leak recently. I got the toilet out and had to go get a riser plate because it's supposed to me a 1/4" higher than the floor surface. I got home to start putting it in and started feeling dizzy. I think I just hadn't eaten enough today, coupled with the heat and earlier yard work just all caught up to me.

Now I have a toilet sitting in the middle of the bathroom floor that will have to wait until I get off work tomorrow to be finished. Sucks getting older. 🤪

Yeah, 100F out isn't the best time to go out and exercise. I ride in the morning when its cool but decided to go out again this evening and did another 3 miles. I realize it's not much but I'm building up as I go.

I just can't make myself get up at 4:am to exercise, even then it's 80° outside. I need to get back on my exercise bike, but I still can't sit on more than 15 minutes since I broke my tail bone a while back.

Ouch, I can only imagine how that feels. Keep that in mind though, 15 minutes is 15 minutes.
I'll stop preaching at you now, my apologies bud.

Health issues can sneak up on us without warning. It's crazy to think that 8 years ago I was in the hospital with a close to exploding heart and several other medical issues that finally caught up with me.

This is a long read...sorry.

Three weeks ago, I had a heart attack. I thought that was something that could never happen to me. Everyone that knows me was stunned. I am very active, eat well, *thought* I had no warning signs. Thought. Truth was, I ignored them. Truth was, I wasn't eating as well as I believed either.

For the last year or so, maybe two, I'd noticed after eating lunch and going for my (one of three daily) mile long walks, a bit of a burning every once in a while, which I thought was surely indigestion from walking too soon after eating (and eating too fast). It would always go away in a minute or two. Big mistake.

On this day, I didn't go for a walk, I had to run errands after finishing my lunch. I got back, sat at my desk, and the burning started. This time it was more intense, and started radiating out into my shoulders, then down to my elbows. I started sweating - and it wasn't going away. I got up, walked up and down the hall a bit, trying to decide if I should have my coworker call the on-site medic. I still had that "ah, I'll shake it off, I'll be fine" guy mentality fighting against my judgement. I wasn't short of breath, dizzy or faint, but something did feel weird. Finally I had that moment of realizing I needed help, and got him to call.

Took an ambulance ride, and along the way they did an EKG and couldn't see anything wrong, so that was at least comforting. The burning kinda would go away, then return a little less. At the hospital they did some blood work, and it didn't look like I'd had a heart attack...at first. Later blood work showed that I may have, so they kept me over night and did a sonogram the next morning, and it indeed showed that my heart wasn't moving quite as far as it should be. That earned me a catheterization, and sure enough, they found not one, but three blockages in some branches of my arteries (luckily not any main ones). Got some stents put in. No other disease detected, thank god. Spent another night there, then they sent me home. After a week of doing mostly nothing, then gradually building up to taking walks and doing light chores, I actually feel really good. I start "cardio rehab" tomorrow.

Now when I say fit, I really mean it. Two days before, I kayaked two miles UP a flowing river and back down in 90 degree heat (yeah, probably not smart either at 56). I walked 4 miles every day. 50 pushups before bed. 10 minute of weights every morning before work (used to do more, but really just trying to maintain muscle these days). Every weekend in the summer I'm either boating or fishing or running RCs. Don't smoke, only drink moderately at most. Here's the thing though...this stuff RUNS IN MY FAMILY.

Ten years ago my friend who was 65 at the time had some of the same kind of discomfort, and got a full body scan done. They found major blockages, in fact his arteries had re-routed around them (same thing actually happened with my mother). They told him he could live like that, but wouldn't have his full cardiac capacity, or get a triple bypass. He got the bypass. He told me that I should get a full body scan too when I hit 50. I had planned on it, but you know, kept putting it off, putting it off. I really hate dealing with doctors and hospitals, I don't trust them much for starters. Finding good ones that are both honest and competent seems hard any more. Even dealt with a few that seemed psychotic at times. I tell you though, if I ever had any advice for anyone, is don't ignore burning in your chest. It could be heartburn - but maybe not. I was told at the hospital that the same set of nerves gets triggered, that's why people can't tell the difference a lot of the time.

The best advice I can say though (not that I'm really in a position to be giving it given how I ignored and put off stuff) is to get a scan for plaque/blockages when you hit 50. Apparently these things start in your 20's and 30's, and a lot of people have them without knowing it until something happens.

This is a long read...sorry.

Three weeks ago, I had a heart attack. I thought that was something that could never happen to me. Everyone that knows me was stunned. I am very active, eat well, *thought* I had no warning signs. Thought. Truth was, I ignored them. Truth was, I wasn't eating as well as I believed either.

For the last year or so, maybe two, I'd noticed after eating lunch and going for my (one of three daily) mile long walks, a bit of a burning every once in a while, which I thought was surely indigestion from walking too soon after eating (and eating too fast). It would always go away in a minute or two. Big mistake.

On this day, I didn't go for a walk, I had to run errands after finishing my lunch. I got back, sat at my desk, and the burning started. This time it was more intense, and started radiating out into my shoulders, then down to my elbows. I started sweating - and it wasn't going away. I got up, walked up and down the hall a bit, trying to decide if I should have my coworker call the on-site medic. I still had that "ah, I'll shake it off, I'll be fine" guy mentality fighting against my judgement. I wasn't short of breath, dizzy or faint, but something did feel weird. Finally I had that moment of realizing I needed help, and got him to call.

Took an ambulance ride, and along the way they did an EKG and couldn't see anything wrong, so that was at least comforting. The burning kinda would go away, then return a little less. At the hospital they did some blood work, and it didn't look like I'd had a heart attack...at first. Later blood work showed that I may have, so they kept me over night and did a sonogram the next morning, and it indeed showed that my heart wasn't moving quite as far as it should be. That earned me a catheterization, and sure enough, they found not one, but three blockages in some branches of my arteries (luckily not any main ones). Got some stents put in. No other disease detected, thank god. Spent another night there, then they sent me home. After a week of doing mostly nothing, then gradually building up to taking walks and doing light chores, I actually feel really good. I start "cardio rehab" tomorrow.

Now when I say fit, I really mean it. Two days before, I kayaked two miles UP a flowing river and back down in 90 degree heat (yeah, probably not smart either at 56). I walked 4 miles every day. 50 pushups before bed. 10 minute of weights every morning before work (used to do more, but really just trying to maintain muscle these days). Every weekend in the summer I'm either boating or fishing or running RCs. Don't smoke, only drink moderately at most. Here's the thing though...this stuff RUNS IN MY FAMILY.

Ten years ago my friend who was 65 at the time had some of the same kind of discomfort, and got a full body scan done. They found major blockages, in fact his arteries had re-routed around them (same thing actually happened with my mother). They told him he could live like that, but wouldn't have his full cardiac capacity, or get a triple bypass. He got the bypass. He told me that I should get a full body scan too when I hit 50. I had planned on it, but you know, kept putting it off, putting it off. I really hate dealing with doctors and hospitals, I don't trust them much for starters. Finding good ones that are both honest and competent seems hard any more. Even dealt with a few that seemed psychotic at times. I tell you though, if I ever had any advice for anyone, is don't ignore burning in your chest. It could be heartburn - but maybe not. I was told at the hospital that the same set of nerves gets triggered, that's why people can't tell the difference a lot of the time.

The best advice I can say though (not that I'm really in a position to be giving it given how I ignored and put off stuff) is to get a scan for plaque/blockages when you hit 50. Apparently these things start in your 20's and 30's, and a lot of people have them without knowing it until something happens.
Best wishes to you!

tuned could it have been allergies?. I keep a small personal can of Boost oxygen in my travel bag just in case..polin around me is 9.2 outs 10

@johnnydmd And your just now sharing this? C'mon man we are your buds. Ya gotta keep us in the loop. Glad it wasn't more serious but definitely take it easy. I had another buddy went through the same as you. Glad your doing better. :thumbs-up:

@johnnydmd And your just now sharing this? C'mon man we are your buds. Ya gotta keep us in the loop. Glad it wasn't more serious but definitely take it easy. I had another buddy went through the same as you. Glad your doing better. :thumbs-up:

I know, and much appreciated. I just usually don't like people worrying about me. I was reluctant to talk about it, but if it gets someone else to get checked out and prevent problems, I thought it was worth opening up about it.

I know, and much appreciated. I just usually don't like people worrying about me. I was reluctant to talk about it, but if it gets someone else to get checked out and prevent problems, I thought it was worth opening up about it.

We are a stubborn lot, reminders are good!

tuned could it have been allergies?. I keep a small personal can of Boost oxygen in my travel bag just in case..polin around me is 9.2 outs 10
No it isn't TNT, I have COPD and have a bad moment once in awhile.
I should carry one of my inhalers in my pocket I guess.

Glad you are back Greywolf74! I missed your input here.
Thanks bro

I wasn't short of breath, dizzy or faint, but something did feel weird. Finally I had that moment of realizing I needed help, and got him to call.
THIS^^^
My heart attack last year started out the same way for the first 20-30 minutes but by the time I got to the hospital I was gasping for air pretty good. Glad your doing better now. Blood thinners suck! lol

Back