Does anyone know what happened to @GreyWolf74??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but surprisingly he is still doing his LiPo tests. I think he has close to 40 different LiPo batteries tested now.

I was enjoying those tests, some of the results were quite surprising. I know how much work he put into them.

I was enjoying those tests, some of the results were quite surprising. I know how much work he put into them.
Yeah, he had some good results with some Turnigy batteries, and he did buy a Maxamps battery for $150 that did really well. Other than that, the CNHL and Liperior stuff is still the best bang for your buck. I will get the link for the spreadsheet and send ya.

Yeah, he had some good results with some Turnigy batteries, and he did buy a Maxamps battery for $150 that did really well. Other than that, the CNHL and Liperior stuff is still the best bang for your buck. I will get the link for the spreadsheet and send ya.
Wish I saw the maxamps. I always thought they were overpriced junk, and they paid the rc mag for good reviews.

Wish I saw the maxamps. I always thought they were overpriced junk, and they paid the rc mag for good reviews.
They are overpriced, but they also have a lifetime warranty. You just pay for that warranty up front 😉

I've had really good results from my Turnigy batteries for my airplanes. Some of them have lasted 7 years and still going.
I have one about that old as well, and it's like new. But it's only been used a few times.

Yeah, miss his posts. Perhaps one of these days something RC will spark his interest again and he'll return.

Know I burned out once and then came back after a while. That can be a good thing. 'AC'

I personally have had 3 waves of RC "activity" over the years.

Hey guys, I appreciate all the love I've been seeing both in posts and in the PMs youve sent me. Sorry I been gone so long, I just havent been feelin' it for quite awhile. I am almost done with all my lipo an rechargeable AAs tests. I already bought all the batteries so I might as well finish it up. Once I get the last 6 lipos done, Ill make the info available to everyone.

NONE of you saw the dms he sent to staff, they were confrontational and extremely inappropriate. When you curse out the staff it will never end well for you. So before you judge, you better know there is more than one side to every coin. And if he brings that nonsense back with him should he choose to come back it WILL be handled accordingly. Yes, posts were deleted, argumentative posts serve no useful purpose, he is neither the first nor will he be the last member to have posts deleted.
Since you felt it was necessary to defend yourself here I hope you will afford me the same opportunity. I'm not trying to start an argument, I just simply want to say that this is a distortion of the truth, at least from my perspective. My side of the coin if you will. I apologize for calling you a name in a DM (the only inappropriate DM I sent to any staff that I recall) and I deserved the 48 hour ban I received for doing so. Regardless of who was right and who was wrong I shouldnt have let my anger get the better of me. Thats all I'm going to say about that publicly. If anyone has questions or comments about what happened from my point of view please DM me about it. Please dont ask in open threads.

Having said that, I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and try to move passed all of that regardless of who did what, to who, for however many M&Ms. Certain people have convinced me to pop back in from time to time and chat with you guys. How much I come back around and the amount of effort I end up putting in trying to help folks remains to be seen. I only put forth that original amount of effort because I really felt like this place was my RC 'home" so to speak. I have a fair amount of mixed feelings about that now but the one thing I dont have mixed feelings about is how much I miss chatting with a lot of you guys. Hopefully as time goes forward I can put all of that behind me and make the place feel like home again. Time will tell. Again, thank you all for all the love and support from those of you that gave it! You know who you are ;)

You were definitely missed here man. Place wasn't the same without ya 😉

Welcome back. Hows the lawn toy doing?

Last edited:
Welcome back. Hows the lawn toy doing?
I discovered flaws in it that are going to require some sort of welding/brazing to fix. Unfortunately thats outside my wheelhouse so its been sitting for awhile. I'm not sure what will become of it if anything. I've had a lot on my plate lately. Work has been a nightmare and is stressing me out and I've picked up guitar collecting. I say collecting because I seem to be better at buying gear than learning to play lol. We'll see where that goes, if anywhere :)

Glad you popped back in! Missed you around here. Look forward to seeing those results. :)
Shouldnt be to much longer but works been in the way a lot here lately. maybe another month or so.

I understand work being in the way. When I get home I am so drained I just don't want to do anything, which means weekends are spent playing catch up around the house. My body is starting to let me know I'm going to have to make some changes in what I do for a living soon, and that's a scary thought.
Shouldnt be to much longer but works been in the way a lot here lately. maybe another month or so.

I understand work being in the way. When I get home I am so drained I just don't want to do anything, which means weekends are spent playing catch up around the house. My body is starting to let me know I'm going to have to make some changes in what I do for a living soon, and that's a scary thought.
I went through pretty much the same thing. The last couple years I spent worrying about not being able to do my job. Then it happened. Then 2 years with zero income, and almost became homeless. The disability kicked in after I called my case worker and explained my situation, which was about 2 weeks from losing my place. Those two years were terrible and made me wish I had put more into my rainy day fund. Hang in there.

Health issues can sneak up on us without warning. It's crazy to think that 8 years ago I was in the hospital with a close to exploding heart and several other medical issues that finally caught up with me.
I had to quit working immediately and then the depression stepped in. At that time I didn't give a rats arse if I lived or not.
Here I am now almost in perfect health and riding my mountain bike all over the place. I love it.
I'm still on oxygen and will be for the rest of my life but I slowed down my fast decent I was headed for.
I'm happy, I feel a ton better, and I have energy like a teenager.

Now @Greywolf74 owes us all a foot rub for taking so long to return... :D

Health issues can sneak up on us without warning. It's crazy to think that 8 years ago I was in the hospital with a close to exploding heart and several other medical issues that finally caught up with me.
I had to quit working immediately and then the depression stepped in. At that time I didn't give a rats arse if I lived or not.
Here I am now almost in perfect health and riding my mountain bike all over the place. I love it.
I'm still on oxygen and will be for the rest of my life but I slowed down my fast decent I was headed for.
I'm happy, I feel a ton better, and I have energy like a teenager.

Now @Greywolf74 owes us all a foot rub for taking so long to return... :D
That's great man. I wish I could get back to that. But I have good days, then really bad days. But I need to work on it more than I do.

Back