do i own a lemon or am i just pathetic?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the pinch bolt is nice and tight, but thanks anyway, ill do that late tomorrow, but what about the flywheel problem.

Another tip. When you are ready to tighten the carb, push down on the neck to seat the O-ring tightly as you secure the pinch bolt.

yeah, ok i think that will fix the carby leak, but will somebody address the flywheel leak? when i took the engine apart i didnt find anything there; it was crank through bearing, then flywheel on crank. is there supposed to be any gaskets or o-rings on the crank?
but now i think about it, the carby could, but i find unlikely, drip onto the flywheel. this car is so frustrating!!!!

Last edited:
Not sure how much or what color the flywheel leak is. It's a common place for leaks as they start to wear on the bearing, but it's not a major problem unless it starts to effect your tune.

Not sure how much or what color the flywheel leak is. It's a common place for leaks as they start to wear on the bearing, but it's not a major problem unless it starts to effect your tune.

heres a pic. i kinda dried up the hsn a little, but its supposed to be a lot dirtier. and i also forgot to mention i rotated my carby 180degrees cos the needles were impossible to get to, but i doubt thats any problem. (i know the linkage isnt right, but it works, right?)
C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CUser%5CDesktop%5CP1000246.JPG

Attachments

• P1000246b.jpg
    P1000246b.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 100
  • P1000247b.jpg
    P1000247b.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 94
  • P1000248b.jpg
    P1000248b.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 92
heres a pic. i kinda dried up the hsn a little, but its supposed to be a lot dirtier. and i also forgot to mention i rotated my carby 180degrees cos the needles were impossible to get to, but i doubt thats any problem. (i know the linkage isnt right, but it works, right?)
C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5CUser%5CDesktop%5CP1000246.JPG
Your pics really do not say much other than your ride needs a cleaning BADLY. Rotating the carb can cause a leak if not sealed and tightened properly. Also your Air Filter needs to be cleaned and re-oiled. Try these suggestions.

Let us know.

this was the first proper run, and its already so dirty. ill tighten everything up around the carby and give it a good clean.

BUT, I'm interested to buy a new rc car also, its a maybe, but i want to do the research now. what brands are the most reliable. i heard duratrax' plastics are really poor quality.
also OS, they only make engines and glow plugs right?
I'm looking at a 1/8 offroad truggy, unless otherwise suggested.

dont worry about my budget. i can handle it, anyway its difficult to convert due to the shipping costs, etc and its in $AU, so if you really need to know, under $650, the lower the better, but i wont compromise quality for money.

Last edited:
Sheeeesh, you're pathetic. LOL. J/k mate, I love your thread title.
True, the pics don't give us much information to go by. If you're looking for something seriously tough to run through the outback, go for an HPI Savage X.
You'll get nothing but good reports on it from all the members that have one.

Ill 2nd what Roxel said. I like Losi also, see my name lol.

Rolex is right, also I have owned nothing but traxxas I can't complain. Every truck breaks, it gives you a reason to upgrade and it would not be a hobby if it didnt. T Maxx is a good rig.

Ill 2nd what Roxel said.

Roxel? Who the Hell is Roxel, and why would we listen to the opinion of a total stranger?
Roxel. With a name like that, he must be a real Dork.

Anyway, I also agree with Roxel as far as the Savage goes, but he also had a Tmaxx for quite a while and he never had a major problem with it.

Roxel? Who the Hell is Roxel, and why would we listen to the opinion of a total stranger?
Roxel. With a name like that, he must be a real Dork.

Anyway, I also agree with Roxel as far as the Savage goes, but he also had a Tmaxx for quite a while and he never had a major problem with it.

wow, rolex, you seem to 'know' this stranger Roxel guy almost as if you already knew him.

anyway, i hope you arnt stalking him or anything... you know, knowing that he had a Tmaxx and all.

just strikes me as a little suss

Last edited:
ok now I'm lost in the sarcasm. who is and isnt sarcastic.

i know i for one was, other than that... ???

EDIT:: no time for sarcasm now.

(sound of email dee doo) you currently experiencing 1 problem with 10 000 other problems awaiting. Would you like to view these problem(s) Yes/No

Yes

the fricken flywheels spitting fuel!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! THis shouldnt be happening. i might not know squat about anything, but ill be damned if engines' flywheels are supposed to spit fuel !

ok. (i know most people going to be dying to say 'now theres your problem' right at the end of this sentence)... This didnt happen before i took the engine apart!!

on the first run my brothers noticed something wierd in either the tuning or the engine. they said, and i quote, "it sometimes cuts off". thats right, thats all the info i got from the diagnostics of a problematic car... just 5 minutes ago, i tried to give it a good run (i honestly and truly tried) and found the problem, which sounded like as if the engine was loading up some fuel and was trying to drown itself in its own sorrow and end its miserable and pathetic life :yellowmanslittingwrists: (sigh... sometimes i feel the same way - about ending the engines life, not mine). i dont remember any gaskets or o-rings before or after the bearing on the end of the engine-crankcase-block thingy. correct me if I'm wrong here.

if there isnt any corrections there, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THAT ENGINE?!?!?!? maybe the denatured alcohol made it so trashed, its still taking time to sober up :drink:, but WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

its like as if the things getting worse with time, like a timer counting down every second starting from 2:00

Last edited:
ok now I'm lost in the sarcasm. who is and isnt sarcastic.

i know i for one was, other than that... ???
Read my sig line. I have a permit to annoy, and I'll do it every chance I get. Sheeesh, you're pathetic, and according to your post, so is your engine. LOL

Just messin' with you, man.
Well, you definately have a problem with that bearing. Are the seals in place? Did it seat flat when you installed it?
At this point I would advise that you look for an exploded view of it on the net, and see if you're missing anything. Just put in the make and size of the engine and exploded view.

I'm sure Roxel would agree with me on this.

oh, and by the way, i know this is really nooby but how do you get a sig? i can't find it anywhere, unless you have to be a mem

ok. (i know most people going to be dying to say 'now theres your problem' right at the end of this sentence)... This didnt happen before i took the engine apart!!

and they were right. i remembered in a dream (this ones real) that i tried to take the front bearing out to clean it, and couldnt. my dad subsequently just took off the bearing seal, carefully, cleaned it, aro'd it and sealed it back up. but the seal wasn't perfect, and was kinda a 'fit', the flangey part of the seal didnt go in very well . i remembered that much... damn fidgety things! you have to get everything perfect in order to get it running properly

sigh...
that means ill be taking the engine apart again. and buying a new bearing. that's time and money wasted again...

sigh...
that means ill be taking the engine apart again. and buying a new bearing. that's time and money wasted again...

Not a waste of time, but another learning experience. If we didn't do repairs, we wouldn't know how to give advice. The wrenching can often be more enjoyable than the driving.

Oh yeah!!

I agree you get to know your rig when you wrench on it.:yes:

yeah but then its turning into a chore, not so much a hobby. its a fine line, and i think I'm already on the chore side. I've seen it all, and had enough, just let me drive it.

"sometimes be more enjoyable than driving it". how would i know if I've never driven it properly