Delrin Dual Triangulation Skid Plate for AX10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we need to get Joe to start making them with no tranny mounting holes, that way if we want to use say a wheely king tranny, pede tranny, RC4WD R2 tranny, ar any other for that matter we could just drill our own holes.

Yeap blank ones are already in the works. You should have said something a while back. Also will be skids drilled to accept other trannies. Just let me know if you need anything.

Hey Joe, got mine on the way?

Made the order last night, after dropping you the note, and getting your opinion on things.

Hope to get this build up and going soon, have all the parts just about there now.
Jeff

Cool deal! Nice of you to drop by too stranger :D
That's why you should never lock the door!:)

Hey Joe, got mine on the way?

Made the order last night, after dropping you the note, and getting your opinion on things.

Hope to get this build up and going soon, have all the parts just about there now.
Jeff

Hey Jeff, Thanks for the order you'll be going out Monday AM.

I read this entire thread tonight and just could not resist, so I placed my order for the double triangle plate. I have high hopes. I have the rear steer option installed, as my ax10 is just for fun. Will let everyone know how this works with both front and rear steering.

Dennis

Last edited:
Well I got my Delrin double triangle skid plate today. Let me assure everyone, it is machined perfect and with attention to details. Installed it. Everything went together perfect. I am still using the stock straight bottom rods. When mounted inside, they bump the bottom of the shock just a little, but looks like nothing to wory about. When mounted inboard, they are effectively a little shorter, leaving the caster off from vertical. I then moved the upper triangle rods to the inner most hole in the frame and prefect, the caster pivot is vertical.

My ax10 has rear wheel steering and I found nothing negative with a little testing in the house on carpet. So far, I can find no down side, and the benefits remain to be proven, when I can get to a place that offers some climbing.

So, so far so good. Excellent product.

Dennis

yeah man i doubt you find a flaw, but if you lower links are hitting the shocks you need to do part of the stage 2 mod.