Connection broken - Venon Pro Charger (noob here)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I jumped into this hobby with a used Slash 4x4, and it came with a Venom pro charger.
I bought a new gensacearespammers 7.4v 6000mah 70c 2s battery. I managed to get all those settings saved into the charger. But when charging it says Connection broken.

I don't have a lot of chargers, or RC parts. I have the original nimh charging cable for the original battery. But I do have a multimeter to try to troubleshoot.
Not sure if issue is battery or charger.

Connection broken means just what it says somewhere whether it be your balance lead or main battery lead has a bad connection to the charger. Make sure your balance and main battery plug are plugged into the charger securely.

I am not sure how new you are so I am going to say this the balance plug must be connected to the charger when charging lipos.

It's kind of weird, I had that happen on my hitec D7 when I was using a 2 cell cradle to charge 18650 cells. The main wire/plug I used was long and the wire was a pretty low gauge, so I'm not sure if that's what annoyed it or what. I made the cradle with a 2S balance tap so I could charge pairs of 18650 cells. The main plug is a receiver type plug and the connector I made is long so I can reach my nitro trucks receiver packs when they are on my bench. I might try increasing the wire gauge to see if that helps. What's odd is that it worked fine on my dynamite 4x100w charger. But the D7 just kept saying "broken connection" after charging for about 10 seconds.

Connection broken means just what it says somewhere whether it be your balance lead or main battery lead has a bad connection to the charger. Make sure your balance and main battery plug are plugged into the charger securely.

I am not sure how new you are so I am going to say this the balance plug must be connected to the charger when charging lipos.
+1 on checking balance lead. I'm always yankin' on them wires. The heat shrink will hide the wire coming undone from the pin(s). To combat the abuse, I super glue the backside of the balance connectors, and then put some E600 on after the glue dries. I'll even go as far as heat shrink over the heat shrink.
20181216_175036.jpg

Back