Computer geeks unite

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May the schwartz be with you Lone Star.

I remember going online for the first time, "internet explorer open, OK now what?".:)

And look how far it's come now.

P.S. Laserdisc..........come on you can do better.

May the schwartz be with you Lone Star.

I remember going online for the first time, "internet explorer open, OK now what?".:)

And look how far it's come now.

P.S. Laserdisc..........come on you can do better.

ok laserdisc it is.

and you are a FAKE GEEK!!!! who the heck got online with internet explorer??? Its all about netscape navigator at the college library man!!

Well it wasn't really the internet. We only had access to sites under Microsoft Network. ;) But we pretty quickly went with Netscape.

i used to skip around computers dialing them all up at the same time and then jumping on whatever one didn't time out. :)

Oh yeah there's nothing like the sound of a 9600 baud modem making a connection.

I didn't hack or anything, it was all about hardware, and OS integration. My dad used to take home older machines from work and I would put them together tweak them, and tweak Windows as well. I've installed windows on computers a hellova lot of times.

i used telnet to poke around a few times but was never sure if i could get into trouble so i didn't do much.

I also remember the day i found fdisk. My dad wasn't happy when he came home to print out reports he had for work and got the 'No boot device" screen

Laserdisk? My school still uses those... lol. The freakin' data on the disk is so badly compressed you can almost see the pits for the 1s and 0s... lol

That's Wing Commander. The feline looking aliens were called the Kilrathi. Geeez I'm a geek.

Had it for my Goldstar 3DO! Starring Mark Hamill no less. "Here kitty kitty.." LMAO!!!

First "PC"? Vic 20. Then the Commodore 64...

Back