Chip's SCX-10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip cross

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Yea another build !!! When I got my SCX-10 I tore open the box that the truck came in to check out all the goodies. All I can say is Axial did a dang good job with this kit. I can remember the days of searching for weeks and months to get the parts to build a scale rig with. Now Axial has a McD's scaler. ;-):lol:

To start this build off I had the chassis sandblasted and powder coated flat black. I also had the bead lock rings powder coated mirror red.
100_0660.gif

100_0666.gif

I dug out all the stainless steel hardware from my tool box for this build. I was lucky, I had just enough to build the truck with stainless steel hardware everywhere. I also use a Hand Brothers steering kit which is a very nice product that seems to work very well.

100_0668.gif

100_0670.gif

I replaced the stock axle c parts with RCP Crawlers axle c's and the high steer knuckles came from Vanquish Products. Yea, I know hi steer knuckles on a scaler. :roll::lol: I also installed some Axial cvds in the front axle for smooth turning. I added RC4WD 110 mm scale shock to replace the stock Axial shocks and to improve the looks.

100_0667.gif

100_0674.gif

In the rear of the truck I added a aluminum upper four link mount that was powder coated flat black.

I am still waiting on a few parts and the rest of my electronics. I will be using a Castle Creations Sidewinder on a 3s lipo. As for the motor I will be using a cheap 35 turn motor. I will also be using my DX3R to control the truck with.
The body with be a Toyota Hilux body that I picked up off of Flea-bay. I will the using the 3 racing Warn winch for looks and a little luck if the truck gets in a bind.

100_0923.gif

100_0925.gif

100_0926.gif

100_0927.gif

100_0946.gif

100_0945.gif

100_0944.gif

100_0943.gif

looks good chip....

welcome back. i know most of your builds a shotty and pretty much just thrown together so i expect this one to be the same.

welcome back. i know most of your builds a shotty and pretty much just thrown together so i expect this one to be the same.

I still have that shaft for you...... ....... ...... ......

I also use a Hand Brothers steering kit which is a very nice product that seems to work very well.

100_0670.gif

Awesome looking build Chip! I'm wanting to get an SCX10 as well and I like your steering setup with the servo out of view. Who sells the steering kit?

Looks good as always Chip, glad to see you back at it right where you left off...

I still have that shaft for you...... ....... ...... ......

i told you i need a wk shaft tho. James said the one you are talking about redefines the term "stub staft"

i told you i need a wk shaft tho. James said the one you are talking about redefines the term "stub staft"

LOL, But I still have the stubby shaft if you need it.:hehe:

lol nice build as always

welcome back

I need to hook up with you and get the Jeep and that interior from you.

i have a jeep with a full interior...... a newbright

Awesome looking build Chip! I'm wanting to get an SCX10 as well and I like your steering setup with the servo out of view. Who sells the steering kit?
Sorry for not answering you WoodiE but it can be found here. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1671798&postcount=1

or here

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Hand-Brothers-SCX-AX10-Scorpion-Steering-Kit-p-17365.html

hey chip give me a call one day this week if u want to meet up
I need them diggizzzz I lost your phone number.....

Well.... it has been two months since I updated the thread. I have decided to go with a Prerunner/Rockcrawler Yota' style. This truck is going to be fast for a scale rig, I am going to use a 22x1 Turn 550 can motor on 3s.

I will be doing a drop bed and full interior from a O.G. Bruiser, this is just a start.
The truck will have front and rear bumpers with a 3racing winch mounted on the front bumper.

DSC07284.jpg

DSC07282.jpg

DSC07281.jpg

DSC07276.jpg

Last edited:
Back