Check it out???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radio Rat

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
picture.php
/https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=493&pictureid=3265
picture.php

The motor had about 5 gallons ran through it!! Trashed the whole motor chunks of metal missing evey were in the block!!! It was a good motor!!! Time to get a new motor and put the Davis diesel con rod in it!!!

Last edited:
personally i would pass on a 3.3 w/ davis deisel con rod. might as well buy a diff motor that is more powerful, more reliable, and doesn't split its stock con rod.

Yeah I got the Picco .26 red dot and a Sirio .27 in my other maxx's!! For some reason I love the 3.3 in the old 2.5 chassis it just rips so hard!!! I got to get me another one!!!

Yeah I would have to agree the 3.3 on the classic is a sick setup I have one it is 2wd right now for something different and I love that thing... I would line it up next to a jato anyday!!!!!! This summer I was thinking of getting the biggest clockwork motor I can get for the classic maxx!!!!!

Isnt the reason the 3.3 splits the conrod is because its the same as the 2.5???? I have talked to a bunch of people that have been using a davis deisel conrod and have no complaints at all except for a couple wished they would have gotten one earlier...

Good luck.......... I am always looking for the most insane motor for the maxx...... hense why i havent spent any money on one cause I want to make sure when I upgrade from the 3.3 it's gotta be an insane motor that will last!!!!!

People that keep saying "get an OS21, Picco26RD, RBTM23..." are people that aren't looking at spending $100 more than they have to to get an engine that has enough power to do the job and do it well.

With a little care and an aftermarket con-rod, the 3.3 is a decent screamer of an engine. Spending $200+ when you don't have to is just silly.

I have an LRP28S3 in my revo. All I can say is, it's a PITA to drive. Probably would have just as much fun at much less expense if I put an engine in the thing that was the right engine for it.

I'll never say the TRX2.5 should have been put in any MT. But the 3.3 is a decent performing engine, short of the con-rod issues.

I would have to agree it is a crazy little motor!!!!! The only problem I have is when I get the rear wheel dance It peels off the body.... I would rather see that than it being a slug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never tried the 2.5 I have wanted to so I knew what the diference from the 3.3.....

It is a great motor for the price!!! Easy to tune and it screams!! I got a picco red dot and a Sirio .27 9 port in my other maxx's and the 3.3 is my favorite bye far!!!

Back