[Cheap] Suspension mod for Axial Wraith!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Non Crimen

RCNT Cyclist
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys
So I revived my HPI savage X shocks in the mail today. I wasted no time to install them only to have issues.... The shocks were so long that I had major binding issues. With the help of YouTube videos I watched a while ago I remembered seeing some mods for a cheap lowering kit with longer shocks. Well I did that for the rear but had to come up with something for the front. *all existing hardware was used.

Here are some pictures. And If you guys want to know EXACTLY what I did just say so.
2u9eqy4e.jpg
duru4utu.jpg
e2udupap.jpg
e6ema6e4.jpg
8ysa2aqu.jpg
5uje4e9e.jpg
e3a5eja4.jpg
pu4e4yny.jpg

Pretty well so far!! The flex is insane!!!! I will try to upload a video at sometime

very cool
I can't wait to see the video

Original but not a fan. Looks unreal and could imagine that causing problems with climbs and rock hops. I got a 'tuned' suspension setup by adjusting the stock shocks inward on the mounts causing a slight drop in height and a better COG.

BTW - Nice rims!!:)

I love them!!! I had to bake the Axial Ripsaw tires off of the old rims to put them on the beadlocks. I can't wait for spring to come so I can really test them!

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Original but not a fan. Looks unreal and could imagine that causing problems with climbs and rock hops. I got a 'tuned' suspension setup by adjusting the stock shocks inward on the mounts causing a slight drop in height and a better COG.

I know it doesn't look realistic, but it is an RC. I don't want to spend big bucks just to make it look 'real'. I am so far very satisfied with it.
I was going to flip the mounts but the driveshafts were still binding so It would not move.
So it was either not use the shocks or go this route.

i am uploading the video right now. Should be up in a little bit! :)

I didnt mean my post as offensive or rude at all, I am still excited to see it perform indeed. :D

Nah! I didn't take it as offensive! I didn't have a choice really or else I couldn't use these shocks

I also made rear supports because I chopped the back
tavady4e.jpg
y4ujy3u2.jpg

py5umudy.jpg

Back