Cheap Servo's... What's out there?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,

I'm on a quest for a servo with metal gears and prefferably higher than 100oz torque at 6v.

I know I saw a thread about 6 months ago, where a guy posted a link to a site that had $20 servo's that were what I need. I didn't keep the url.

I know about the 645mg, I have one. But, I'd like to try to find this site again and give it a shot.

I bought a dozen sub-micro servos off Ebay over a year ago. I don't have a link, but the seller was LinearAlgebra. You might want to try a search on that name. They were only $8 each, and I've had no problems with any of them. I got them for some small electric planes I was messing with at the time, but I think he carried any size.

I ended up with this one: Futaba 3305 I bought 2 @ $35 ($70) from my LHS.

It's pretty close to the torque of the hitec 645mg and is the same speed.

The guy at the LHS said it's more durable than the hitec. He said almost every hitec servo he has sold that was installed in a non-plane vehicle has come back. I'm inclined to believe him. 3 hitec servo's I bought (2 645mg's, 1 625mg) have failed inside of 4 months of use. All three of mine that have failed seem to be electronic problems. They get really twitchy, can't hold thier position or loose range of motion.

Cirrus CS-80MG Are poop!!!!
On the recommendation of someone I purchased one and have never been as disappointed in an rc product in my life. Yes it was strong but it jumped 10-15 degrease on ether side when it centered. I would let go of the steering wheel on the controller and when the servo went to center it would bounce back. I thought I may have got a bad one so I returned it and the next one was the same. I returned it and got another from the factory thinking it may have been a bad batch but it was the same.

Somewhere I have a video of me with a hammer giving it the "What For". Whats funny as hell is the case wouldn't brake after 10 or so swings. I broke the top of my workbench and also put a hole in the concrete floor before it split in two.

O-well F for performance A++++ for durability.
-Ed

Oh please don't tell me that! I'm in the middle of a trade for one of those servo's.

ROFLMAO, Fast E that is some funny stuff. I will definitely stay away from them.

Well sorta good news, I was gonna acquire one via a trade but the item I was gonna send to him is heavy and woulda cost more to ship than it's actual worth. So I'm cancelling the deal.

Attachments

• bench.jpg
    bench.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 111
i'll agree on the cs.80 is a big peice of poop but they sure put on a goos sales ad i bought one for my pirate and thought it was broke

*good*

Back