cheap 1/5th scale 2strokes on eBay.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i love my GENISIS

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does anyone know anything about the "Fs racing 1/5th scale RTR monster trucks" that are on sale on eBay? I am thinkin of buyin one as they are under $1000 delivered to your house.

They look like a good thing and I want to know if anyone else thinks the same.

I would stay away from them if it was my money. If you've got 1000 bucks to spend, why not go ahead and get an HPI baja 5b?

FG also makes a good fifth scale monster truck, but I'm pretty sure that they're more expensive than the 5b.

Yeah... once your into that kind of money, it's best to spend it on something you can find info and support for. Or save a bit longer and get something a bit more that is proven.

Has anyone actually been on eBay and had a look at these things though?
Surely they can't be that bad!?

I've looked into them a lot, I was considering buying one. But I've seen the smaller scale stuff these companies build, and once you see the abuse that something this powerful and this heavy takes, you will understand that nothing except top of the line material will hold up. The problem you will have is it's going to break, and instead of going to the LHS, you will have to order parts from them, at their price, and it will be breaking a lot. I would buy a 100 T-Maxx knockoff on ebay and feel more comfortable with it than one of these knockoffs, because I've seen how different they handle and how much the large scale gets abused, simply because of the weight issue. If you roll over a T-Maxx, it usually wont hurt it unless you're going really fast or hit something. With these large scales, a simple roll over can be catastrophic because of the thirty pounds of weight and inertia.

i think if your just going to put around your yard once in a while, not take any real jumps or anything you may be fine with it....but buying a budget rc usually will end up costing much more, or turn you off the hobby all together.

i get it I'm not a rich man either...but i think if your going to go 1/5 scale do it right

I have the firehammer MT and it is a awesome truck. I was never really a fan of duratrax but I dont have a single complaint on this truck. They have a no questions asked warranty on most of the plastic parts, and its just overall awesome. I had a 5b before this and liked it but I didnt like how low it was for the terrain I drive on, and I have to say, this would BLOW the baja away speed wise. My baja seemed really boggy no matter how I tuned it.

Anyway, want a MT 1/5th scale for a good price, the duratrax Firehammer can't be beat. Best $800 I ever spent in rc.

Wow it's funny you should mention that, I was just thinking about reccomending the firehammer in this thread earlier today. If you want to see some good large scale pics, check out the baja photos in my "hard days work" thread in the general chaos section. We were jumping it over a pile of dirt about 8 feet high and landing upside down from 12 feet, just kept asking for more.

Yeah I can't really recommend the firehammer enough. Been such a great truck. I just ordered a DDM pipe for it yesterday so it should be here in a couple days. I can't wait. But yeah, deffinatly check out the Firehammer MT. Awesome trucks. I bought mine from Mac Hobbies on ebay. $800 shipped to my door.

1/5 scale on ebay

Hi!

I've just bought one, the black monster truck with the 23cc engine.
I have burn more than 5 tanks of gas with it and still going strong. One thing is for sure, the truck is heavy and a bigger motor would be nice.
After the brake in engine period, i put the truck to the test with some abuse and find it was in fact kind of solid and strong. No missing or loose parts.
Also it start very easy and cheap to run compare to nitro gas, for now :surrender

Man, if that gray thing on the front of the engine is the exhaust, you could definitely improve performance by getting something else. That has to be murdering your performance.

Knock off or not, that's a mean looking rig!

Looks a lot like the DTX Firehammer:
ldtxd98.jpg

dtxd98-gallery-d2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it look like it is the same truck! (firehammer)
I will try to get a new muffler for it because like you tell, more power will be more than welcome.
I will keep you updated on the reliability and on any upgrade on the truck.

:flamer:

What about aftermarket support. What companies offer things like aluminum and carbon fiber upgrades for them? I'm just wondering, because I want to know if there is some aftermarket support for these things. That would make a difference in if I considered buying one or not.

Thanks SAM163!

Keep ua ALL posted as to how tha big girl is goin and also let us know of anything that has gone wrong with her. That would be fantastic!

Thanks SAM163!

She looks pretty good eh! How much did it end up costing you and how much was delivery on top of the price?
Please keep ALL of us posted as to how tha big girl is goin and that includes anything that breaks on it. That would be fantastic!

OOPS! sorry about that! dunno how i did that!

Yeah I can't really recommend the firehammer enough. Been such a great truck. I just ordered a DDM pipe for it yesterday so it should be here in a couple days. I can't wait. But yeah, deffinatly check out the Firehammer MT. Awesome trucks. I bought mine from Mac Hobbies on ebay. $800 shipped to my door.
Great!
Can you please let me know when you try your new DDM pipe ?

I've got to second the opinions stated. 5Bs are 99% rock solid.

That being said- these firehammers and knock offs do look kinda neat. My LHS here is $$ and won't carry anything bigger than 1/8 trucks- I've got to buy everything on the net or drive 1+ hours to get support for the Baja- I'd imagine the other things would be about the same.

Back