CAN I & HOW CAN I UPGRADE/MAKE FASTER THIS RC CAR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pmc

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hello I have this RC car I am going to post some pictures of and I am wondering how I can make it faster upgrade the engine battery etc.

Attachments

• 54C53D34-6E3C-40B8-A513-40BA725EBD2A.jpeg
    54C53D34-6E3C-40B8-A513-40BA725EBD2A.jpeg
    417.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 9554178B-DA2A-4100-8AB9-87B4BCFDDF1E.jpeg
    9554178B-DA2A-4100-8AB9-87B4BCFDDF1E.jpeg
    579.3 KB · Views: 70
A faster motor and or more voltage.

So I can put a bigger battery? How do I find one that has the same plug that connects to it

Look for a new ESC, brushless motor. The battery you are running is a Dean's/T plug so look for batteries with that connection. You need to do a bit more research on what truck you have, what the motor size is etc you can't just expect us to guess everything for you. Look into the motor size and then look for brushless motors of that size, also look for a new brushless esc that is small enough to fit, and you'll also more than likely need a 3 wire servo of the same size and a new transmitter and receiver as I'm sure that esc is a cheap all in one reciever and esc.

replace pinion that will be the cheapest way to make this truck faster.. you can replace esc motor and servo sure along with battery. are you that into this rc to do that?.if you replace pinion gear you will need to know what pitch old 1 is and what shaft size of motor is .. if you go larger you will go faster but runtime will have to be limited.. 10$ compared to 100$ or more

Look for a new ESC, brushless motor. The battery you are running is a Dean's/T plug so look for batteries with that connection. You need to do a bit more research on what truck you have, what the motor size is etc you can't just expect us to guess everything for you. Look into the motor size and then look for brushless motors of that size, also look for a new brushless esc that is small enough to fit, and you'll also more than likely need a 3 wire servo of the same size and a new transmitter and receiver as I'm sure that esc is a cheap all in one reciever and esc.
I’m not expecting you to guess for me I was just asking for suggestions like you gave me not for the exact parts and everything but I appreciate The response and I will look into all that planning on going to the hobby store later today I’m still deciding if I should actually put money into this one since it’s not a major brand or if I should just spend money on a name brand and upgrade it overtime

replace pinion that will be the cheapest way to make this truck faster.. you can replace esc motor and servo sure along with battery. are you that into this rc to do that?.if you replace pinion gear you will need to know what pitch old 1 is and what shaft size of motor is .. if you go larger you will go faster but runtime will have to be limited.. 10$ compared to 100$ or more
Good to know thanks for the information

Changing a pinon gear isn't worth it. It won't improve much. As you can only go 1-2 teeth max. You will get ore speed with a bigger kv motor and voltage. But as you say is it worth the cost compared to moving up in size. 1/8 brushless is much faster.

Changing a pinon gear isn't worth it. It won't improve much. As you can only go 1-2 teeth max. You will get ore speed with a bigger kv motor and voltage. But as you say is it worth the cost compared to moving up in size. 1/8 brushless is much faster.
So I just left the hobby shop and I am very excited to say I will be purchasing the RC car I put in the image below with batteries and maybe some bigger tires looking at about $900 but I’m pretty positive I’m not going to regret it

Attachments

• 9D2671FF-82E7-41DD-844E-38B3C5356A43.jpeg
    9D2671FF-82E7-41DD-844E-38B3C5356A43.jpeg
    512 KB · Views: 71
  • 511B44EF-A4F5-44EA-81E1-E9D68AF273FD.jpeg
    511B44EF-A4F5-44EA-81E1-E9D68AF273FD.jpeg
    625.3 KB · Views: 75
So I just left the hobby shop and I am very excited to say I will be purchasing the RC car I put in the image below with batteries and maybe some bigger tires looking at about $900 but I’m pretty positive I’m not going to regret it
I would never spend that much for a electric. :eek:

very highly recommended RC, i eventually am going to grab up, but other projects at the moment lol.
definitely let us know how you like it!
i will say it is pretty common for people that recently bought those to check the diff fluids, seems some dont get filled properly.

Awesome rig I love my K6s! Definitely check your diff fluids and all screws and parts just in case you have something loose. I like to run thicker fluid in mine as do a lot of others as it wakes the rig up, I run 20k rear 500k center and 50k front for diff fluids. I'd also suggest if your going to jump it decent to get some metal chassis braces I'd go M2C but you can go EXB Arrma version for cheaper. Also suggest the EXB basher bumper and a heatsink and dual fan for the motor. Feel free to ask me questions as I said I love my K6s and have built another from chassis up so I'm definitely experienced with the rig.

and I am wondering how I can make it faster upgrade the engine battery etc.

Pinion. If I want to keep the pace on straightlines against TLR, EA with the stock motor on outside carpet carpet track I had to put a 22t on the basic 6s plate-form;

IMG_3454.JPG
IMG_2479 (2).JPG

It works, but I have much more motor heat. So we do the 12 laps race and I after that I stop. (my fan is still broken)
Congrats for K6.