broke the Dynamite Mach 2-21 in today, ten min run.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnskevin58

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Took the new Dynamite Mach 2-21 out today to break in the engine.
No pre heat
No oil bath
No heat cycles
No bench running
No temp gun
No lengthy warmups
No wrapping a sock or foil around the cooling head (LOL)
No leaving the glow driver on the engine after started
Just a couple bleeps of the throttle to clear out the engine and then go.
I just set the carb via the blow through way

20% fuel, stock R5 plug, 8.5mm venturi, 24,000th squish band height. 10 1/2-inch pipe length 267mm (Glow plug to widest section of cone) just a hair to long. Just start up and run.

I set the carb settings by blowing through a tube of fuel line at home.
The trick is to get a smooth flow of air through the needles while opening and closing the carb slider.

Took the buggy out in 45* weather and fired right up, ran car at half throttle for 3- 250/300ish x 2-feet laps, then started running full throttle down the straights and bumping off throttle for the turns, and stopping the car for a few seconds every now and then to let it idle then going again. After one full tank about 12-15 minutes of all this, this is the plug.
No settings needed during break in.
Set the needles on the desk and ran the engine in the car with no tweaking needed.

Basically, a perfect setting, slightly brown and the element is very very, slightly pulled in the center of the coil and is dull.
Pretty much optimum settings.
If the weather holds out, tomorrow I'll go set the idle.
I assume I'm only a 1/16th turn to lean on the HSN.

After running the tank down, I did the fuel line pinch test, it revved up a few hundred rpm's and shut off. Low speed is set for life.

Idle was a bit high, but I was more worried about running the engine nonstop to break it in, than adjusting anything.
So, I didn't adjust the idle. maybe tomorrow I will.

16t clutch bell, might go with a 17 or 18t. I was tacking out (geared out) way too soon for my oval driving style.
Car handled very well, I won't even change a thing, the rear ride heigh was slouching some but the car handled really well for moist smooth concrete.
Front camber 0*
Rear camber -1.25
Toe barley none on the front.
20mm ride height front
18mm ride height rear.
On road rubbers. (No ex-gf jokes) :)
DSCN6536.JPG

DSCN6526.JPG

Last edited: