big block or Supercharger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monster maxx

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I now have a Tmaxx 3.3 I want to go big block or supercharger I know both can be done but does ne one have ne clues for me what will be best???

apparently a charger is useless. even on the 4 stroke as it will only work on a 4 stroke on a car motor. so big block it is.....

The super charger is the single most expensive waste of money you can put on an RC. Not only does it cost $150 for the garbage but it also RUINS your engine which will end up costing you another $150+. So you pay in the end $300+ plus the headache and hassle of replacing parts chasing a tune and being angry at the entire mess. The "S" word is considered a curse word on most forums....including here. Just say NO. Now with that being said there is a lot that has to be done to convert to a bigblock engine in a Maxx. New chassis, driveshaft, beefed up diffs, new tranny gears. You can always go with a Picco .26 or JLReddot.26 and is is almost a drop in. That is the cheapest way to put big block amount of power with out having to rebuild everything. But even with the Picco don't forget the better exhaust!!

Thanks guys my buddy put a big block on his Revo and it was a direct Bolt in just trying to keep up with him I think after reading what u guys had to say Big block (reddot) it is thanks guys

---------- Post added at 8:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:41 AM ----------

Is there any better way of running my 3.3 maybe to do better right now I am at 4 1/4 turns top and 2 1/4 on the bottom

Yeah, close your carb gap to 1mm or less and crank that lsn in 1/2 a turn.

You should try 2 superchargers, because 1 won't cut it!

JK :p:

Yes what they said ,I run an BB lrp .30 in a t maxx and its a whole lot a fun to hang on to the s thing is cool but a waste of$$$$

I say we ban anyone who asks whats better SC or turbo, or anything in relation lol.,..,.

dont waste your $$$

The only way a supercharger will work, is if it's mounted to a .61 aircraft engine, then stuffed in the Max. :hehe:

I'm just kidding, don't do that. The guys are right, superchargers are not only useless, as Joey said they'll ruin your engine as well. Personally, while I understand the need to keep up with your buddies, I always thought the 3.3's were pretty impressive for a stock motor. Do you have a good tuned pipe on there, or just stock?

Superchargers do work, but they are not anywhere near as effective as they are made out to be. I'm not keen on going into depth on how and why this is, so ill make one point:

If you want more power, invest in another engine. If you want a fancy widget, buy a supercharger kit.

In saying that, a supercharger can be as effective as an engine swap, you just have to know what your doing. These kits might work on some engines straight out of the box, but I can guarantee on most engines, there will be a shedload of tinkering, to make it work right. I haven't sat down and looked at this entirely - but I believe it would be a waste of time on a TRX engine anyway.

If you do decide that a supercharger is more your thing, be prepared to spend a few hours learning up on how this stuff works. Otherwise, we will all be saying..."told ya so".

In short - Better engine = more power/no drama (kinda:p:)

In the RC world, a better engine is the best choice for more power. You can also get better power by going to a higher % of nitro and better tuning. Another way to get more power is to install a better pipe. A supercharger is a waste of time and money, IMO.

you might try a O.S. 21 tm engine has more power tham a 3.3 and bolts in to a jato. and spike the fuel with nitro. Torco has the nitro. and use klotz racing castor oil benol x2 bc-175 to keep oil at right amount. the 4x4 shop should have it. remember nitro is hard to start, it flash point is 95 f. use some gasoline to start it its flash point is -45 f

Superchargers do work, but they are not anywhere near as effective as they are made out to be. I'm not keen on going into depth on how and why this is
Dude...sorry no they do not work on nitro 2 stroke engines. You can't go in to why they work because you will just be blowing smoke...There are no valves to help build the pressure. All the extra air that comes in blows right out the exhaust and is wasted because the back pressure wave from the exhaust is over ridden and in effect blows a lot of fuel out and over leans the engine. Yeah that is AWESOME. IF these engine had exhaust valves the pressure would not just blow straight out the port in the back it could work. You can't convince me in what 99% of us here know, have seen and proven. They are pure garbage and have no real function other than ruin a engine. Yes you can put them on there and screw with it enough to get the engine to run..... but make more power....never going to happen there chief. So since you obviously know more that what I have picked up in me 10 years of nitro....educate me. My bet, you've got nothing to back it up other than the garbage you have read on the website for them.

RevoJoe and anyone else curious about Superchargers should watch these....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4yTADlRuF0&feature=fvwrel"]Why Superchargers dont work Part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwH7lgbc18s&feature=relmfu"]Why Superchargers dont work Part 2[/ame]

I'm pretty sure they work. They do a great job burning up motors, and if your primary goal is to run your motor extremely lean to get them temperatures way above safe operating temperatures, then it's perfect for you.

Now for the guy saying that they are good for making power in an RC nitro application, well, your wrong. You actually couldn't be any further from the truth. All that a supercharger does is forces more air into the motor, thus throwing the fuel/air ratio way out. Don't be dumb.