FCX24 Max Smasher No limits build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totoandamigo

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
Alright, here's one of my babies. This truck started out life as a normal fcx24 power wagon. If you remember when the Max Smasher first launched availibility was rough so I figured I'll just build it myself and boy did I.

Started out with a set of JConcepts Mt wheels and Renegades tires. Then it snowballed as I wanted an absolutely bonkers mini basher. This Truck has been one of those builds where its broken every time I take it out for about 8 months, thats kinda how I ended up here. I want to do monster truck things and I had to build a super robust truck to do so (At least without shelling out the dough for an LMT)

This truck wheelies on command from half throttle if it hooks, jumps like a tank, and is just a chaotic handful to drive.

Not to mention the shelf appeal, I display all of my micros on my desk and this thing isn't that bad to look at.

All of this being said I do need some advice. Suspension for this truck has been a battle, the injora shocks while I'm sure they're great for crawlers really struggle in this use case.
Anything with m2 mounting will be fine, but I'm looking for a very good long travel oil filled micro shock to get a bit more jumping performance out of this truck.

Full Upgrade list:
Jconcepts Wheels and Tires
Furitek Chassis
Treal Axles (2 Fronts for 4WS)
Treal portal Housings.
Treal steering linkage
Alloy servo mounts
2X Shift RC Nano M servos
Treal Driveshafts
Steel rear spool
FMS Front Diff
FMS Steel transmission internals