Beason's Boat (not a cris craft)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the ups guy and the usps lady were nice to me friday. i now have everything but the esc. its all installed and i tested the water cooling. ill post pics up later. next question..

on the water cooling set, the pickup has these two upright parts on it. i dont see why i need them. can i cut them off??

TRA3875.jpg

its the black part on the left. the pickup is the round part. the part i want to cut off is standing up.

rolex, crawler??? any ideas???

new pics!!

still havent done the pin strips, or the windshield. and i still need the ESC but its almost ready to drive.

anyone know if i should upgrade the servo?

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

Wow, that sure looks mean in flablakk.
On the water pickup, I believe that extended part is for mounting a skeg. That's a single fin that helps the boat to track and turn on a pivot point.

so do i need one of those? or can i cut them off?? the whole out drive moves, it doesn't have a rudder.

they just look lame sticking out there by themselves.. but i dont want to go hacking on it, if i may need them in the future.

Having a skeg on the back, makes it react much better to sharp turns as well as straight runs. It takes the slip/slide out of the stern. You can run fine without it, but you'll definitely notice a better response when you add it.

cut them off the blast does not go fast enough fo a turn fin so do not worry about it cut the tabs off

sounds good man, although I'm hoping for a t least a little speed with the 12t double setup. will it hurt anything to run with the stock prop and that motor combo?

well i got the final piece today. the esc. so i will install it tomorrow and hopefully set out on its maiden voyage. i will get some pics, and hopefully video.

wish me luck!

well its electronically ready to go. i got the esc mounted and wired up. the neighbor is going out of town for the holiday so the maiden voyage will have to wait till sat or sunday. here are the final internal pics. the rest of the project will be on cosmetic updates and the trailer.

DSC00313.jpg

Last edited:
thanks guys, i will try to get some pics with the good camera today out in the sun. these were all in my garage so the lighting isnt so good. i can float it around in the hot tub and make motor boat noises until the neighbor gets back..

but then again.. i didnt need an rc boat to do that in the first place.. :D

next question.. is it supposed to make noise when the motor is turning? i expected it to be rather quiet but it isnt. I dont know what the norm is but its louder then an electric ground rig is.

The thin plastic makes it seem louder with the vibrations, but u could always post a sound clip and let us hear what it sounds like.......

i was thinking the same thing, the hull is amplifying the sound. ill see about the sound clip this afternoon.

I'm starting my brushless build today, and i can't decide if i wana use the blast as a base platform......... got a few options. U gona do the conversion on urs?

i may convert later, i want to see what this setup does first. i dont really have a whole lot of space to run it. i want the summit so i may be saving for that one.

the blast is small, with a good brushless, it would fly!

I talked to castle, they said that if I put the 5700kv motor in it, it will burn up.....

Back