Beason's Boat (not a cris craft)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm impressed! Fast boat, small area, good driving and very maneuverable.
The skeg would prevent the 'spinouts' on the fast turns.
If you're not drawing water through the prop shafts, it's from the splash on top of the canopy when you make the snap turns. If you had an open lake and drove straight, it would probably stay dry inside.

i think it is coming in from the top. i put new rubbers on the shaft and the servo linkage. and i put some grease on the shaft. some of it may have been from the water cooling. the output hose slipped out of the outer hull a little. it wasn't all the way out but could have let water leak in. i put a longer one on there. at least the receiver stayed dry. my next step is to put the fuel tubing around the canopy. there is a small pin hole in the nose. i dont think it lets much in, but i dont know why its there.

i was impressed as well with the handling. the spinouts are cool, but kinda like wheelies, they get old after awhile. its still cavitating quite a bit, i think i need to trim it up a little more.

i will adjust the trim, let it dry, and try again! maybe a third channel for a movable skeg... hhmmm

i was thinking i could swing it up out of the way when i want to cut up. and down when i want to carve some waves!

Good thought. Absolutely. You can use a screw and nut for the top hole and a body clip on the bottom, then you can just pop the clip and flip it up.

Some excellent driving on you part. Amazing, actually. :first_place:

Back