Beason's Boat (not a cris craft)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This should be fun to watch, nice boat Beason!

LMAO on the Cris Craft comment.

I wonder how many guys are still around that know what you are referring to.

I remember the Cris Craft, would have been cool to see a video of that thing!

did he ever finish the cris craft?

Thats a nice boat man! I'm thinking about building a nitro boat soon. I just think it would be funny to go to a fishing tournament and everyones concintrating and being quiet and I fire that thing up and rip around lol. Oh the trouble id be in lol.

ok so i got some pics. painted up and ready for some guts. i havent got the canopy yet so its topless.....

DSC00288.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

I stripped off ALL the stock graphics down to the bare hull, then added my own. Some were from sheets purchased at the LHS, some were pin striping rolls from auto stores, and some were purchased from an auto graffix shop that also did the Police cars. Not all of them are on this boat, but if you know where to look, you can get any size, configuration and color you want.

FrRight.jpg

Stern.jpg

RtRearSide.jpg

Bow.jpg

The cabin cruiser was totally scratch built and has masked and painted panels bordered with auto pinstripes. Mask and paint and you can do it any way you want.

Toys.jpg

I have no idea who posted this pic of FastEddy's Chris Craft here....

13DCP01648.jpg

little update on the boat.

i know alot of people dont like traxxas but man they ship fast. i ordered the canopy for this thing on sunday night. it was on my porch today (tuesday). and it looks WAY better then the original with the three dude heads on it.

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

the way i see it I'm already farther along then eddy!! lmao!

nice build i would love to have a boat but i have no place to run it

Beason, I don't know where to find a Gatling that size, but you could probably use toothpicks to scratch bild the barrels. Just a thought.

well i got the canopy sanded last night, and will spray it today, maybe...

the plan is to go flat black like the boat, but have the "windshield" area to be gloss black. i want to do the jagged edges around the window like on the stealth fighter jets. i have been mentored by NCnitro in the ways of the rattle can and flat black, and i think i can handle it. the hardest part will be getting the tape flat on the curved windshield. has anyone done liquid mask over paint before?

the motor, and parts should be here friday, and the esc hopefully by saturday, along with the water cool kit.

rolex!! you got those links?

oh and a tip, those 3m sanding sponge blocks work great!! that is what i used on the whole boat.

Last edited:
those criscrafts were quite the boats----we stopped at a place that restores them up in michigan, they had some purdy nice ones!!

well the traxas blast it a great boat to run in a pool i have over 25 boats now all from nitro to gas here are a few pics of what i am runing

#1 black bird hydro .21 powered by cmb
blackbirdrigger.jpg

#2 cmdi sgx gas rigger
DSC05429.jpg

#3 stryker y6 gas mono
l_2a4d241550ab4de408268a94c4f521e1.jpg

#4 aromarine titan 40 with a mac .45 in it
titan3.jpg

#5 is a insane gen 3 gas hydro with a full mod cc race engine
DSC05455.jpg

crawler, i ordered a 12t double orion motor and the traxxas xl5 waterproof esc for the boat. was this a good choice? the stock motor is a 20t. will i need to change the prop?

I'm not looking for stupid fast (although i wouldnt complain) i just want it to have some pep.

BTW, those boats are beautiful! that first one looks wicked!!

yes with that motor you going to want to get a octura y535 or a x440 both of them are 2 blade props but if you realy want to get stupied fast the put the aquacraft super v 27 brushless motor in it thats what i would do

This guy I bought my first baja off of has a boat sitting on a shelf in his garage. Its really nice and never seen water. I have the notion to offer him 100 bucks for it. I know it cost him over 500, It looks like your really pretty orange boat crawler, minus the bitchen paint job lol. Boats look like they'ed be a fun project!

I've read somewhere that this boat has an odd size shaft. any ideas on that?

also could you explain why I would need a different prop? I don't doubt you know your stuff I just would like to know why. ya know?
this is a surface piercing turnable setup. no rudder.

Last edited:
The pitch, size, and blade ammount all make a difference on performance. Whether it is for acceleration, or top end, or just cruising, it all makes a difference.

for pin striping i would get a fine brush and free hand it on, if u have a steady hand. Or you could tape it off then paint it, IMO the pinstrip tape would come off after time in the water

Back