Baffled - Two Transmitters and 4 Receivers Won't Bind

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I have the Flysky GT3, and a few months ago I tried binding a new receiver I got. No luck. I assumed I got a faulty receiver. So I just used my GT5 and bound it to a receiver I had for it, no prob. Like I said, this was a few months ago, on the Ryft build.

So for the last 3 days I have been trying to get the GT3 to bind to 3 different receivers, which are all brand new. No luck.

So I said hell with it, and was just going to bind another receiver to the GT5 and use it again. No luck there either.

So I have two transmitters, that have never given me any trouble. Neither have ever been dropoed. In fact, they both still look like brand new. And neither will bind to their receivers. And before you ask, yes, I am doing it right, and I have thr proper receivers for each radio.

The only thing I can think it might be is interference or something after doing some internet searching. But I tried taking the GT3 outside to bind it and no dice. Anyone ever experience anything like this? I am frustrsted beyond belief and at a complete loss 🤬🤦‍♂️🤔

Just curious have you tried stepping back a couple of feet and trying again, I've had trouble binding receivers when being to close.

I just got 4 Flysky receivers and I use my flysky remote I haven’t had issues yet. Been good to me maybe just bad batch you got??
Just curious have you tried stepping back a couple of feet and trying again, I've had trouble binding receivers when being to close.
True this happen to me Doom is right on that

Is it possible of corrosion from moisture in the air or 5g interference?

I have a FSGT5 as well and its always worked great. 10 different cars, all flysky receivers and no issues. Check the bind plug maybe? I had one that had really high resistance and wouldn't work. Corrosion at the pin terminal inside the plug.

I guess its possible you got a bad batch of receivers but doesn't seem likely.

As far as the 5g thing, I would think if that were the case, then you'd have interference issues with other cars that are already bound during operation.

I have a 5g phone and its frequently stuck to my transmitter while I'm playing and haven't had any issues yet.

I have also tried 3 different bind plugs.

And I have tried standing a few feet away from the receiver. I am going to see if my friend can take me for a short road trip to try and get out in the country and see if they will bind.

And I have tried standing a few feet away from the receiver. I am going to see if my friend can take me for a short road trip to try and get out in the country and see if they will bind.
I know it sounds silly but try it from 4 to 6 feet away.

As far as I know the only way to upgrade the firmware is to pull it apart and do some soldering.

I recently got a couple of FS-A3 receivers for my GT5 and they require an additional restart of the transmitter after the usual press bind and turn on procedure. So maaaaybe...

My problem is, the flashing light on the receiver never stops flashing. So it never binds. When they bind, the light stops flashing.

That's exactly what happens with my combo. then I turn off the radio and turn it back on and the rx LED stays on...

That's exactly what happens with my combo. then I turn off the radio and turn it back on and the rx LED stays on...
Just out of curiosity, I tried it. Nope. Still not working.

At this point I am going to try ordering another receiver for the GT3 and one for the GT5. If that doesn't work I will replace the transmitters. But before I order transmitters, I am going to send it all off to Greywolf and see if they bind for him. If that doesn't work, I am sending everything I can back and buying a Sanwa or more than likely a Futaba. I just wish the receivers for the higher end systems weren't so damned expensive, because I need a bunch of them to replace what I currently have.

Last edited:
I just wish the receivers for the higher end systems weren't so damned expensive, because I need a bunch if them to replace what I currently have.
This. I got 2 GT5s (I only have 3 RCs but like having the option of running 2 at a time). The other option was getting a 3PV and 3 receivers, but that (entry level) Futaba and 3 rxs would cost more than a pair of GT5s and a bag of rxs.

Back