Axial Capra, SCX10, or Element Enduro?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soundboothguy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I've been looking to graduate from 1/24 scale crawlers to 1/10. I've talked to some people, and they recommended the Element Enduro for it's performance. Taking their advice, I ran by my local hobby shop to see what they had. While I was there, they told me that they have RTR Capra's on sale for 300. They also had SCX10 2's and 3's, all three of which I've heard great things about and have had my eye on. I'm looking for something that's a decent performer that would be scale with good aftermarket support. It also seemed like the Capra's a good deal though so I don't want to miss something. Does anyone have some good advice on which I should get?

The only way to find out what is best is to buy all 3. 😁

On a serious note, I'm building an scx10. I have had a10.2 since 2017 or so, and I want a 10.3 and element enduro also. I love the 10.2, I've driven it brushed and brushless, and even abused it and it keeps on going...... for the most part. I had to replace an axle amd ring and pinion.

This 10.3 kit is on sale. Needs electronics and paint and to be put together.
https://www.axialadventure.com/prod...u-wrangler-with-portals-4wd-kit/AXI03007.html

Below is some of my 10.2's life.

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/chubakas-axial-scx10ii-lifes-journey.136343/

So I've been looking to graduate from 1/24 scale crawlers to 1/10. I've talked to some people, and they recommended the Element Enduro for it's performance. Taking their advice, I ran by my local hobby shop to see what they had. While I was there, they told me that they have RTR Capra's on sale for 300. They also had SCX10 2's and 3's, all three of which I've heard great things about and have had my eye on. I'm looking for something that's a decent performer that would be scale with good aftermarket support. It also seemed like the Capra's a good deal though so I don't want to miss something. Does anyone have some good advice on which I should get?
I've thought a lot about this very thing and I think if I were going to pull the trigger on one it would be the SCX10 III. Tons of aftermarket support for those kits.

One of the very reasons I love the 1/10 scale crawlers is because, there is so many choices out there. There really isn't a terrible choice at all.
Axial, TRX, Element, and even Redcat, and so many more.
Your imagination is the only thing holding you back.
The best choice takes a little research and I recommend going with a rig that has a ton of parts available.
All of these I mentioned are great choices.

I've always wanted the Redcat Gen 8 Axe edition. Love that truck. But I would love to have any of the 1/10 crawlers, even though I have absolutely nowhere to drive them.

Last edited:
I've always wanted the Redcat Gen 8 Axe edition. Love that truck. But I would love to have any of the 1/10 crawlers, even though I have absolutely nowgere to drive them.

My wife has the Gen 8 v2 and it suffers a little from the same issue the TRX4 Defender does with being a little on the top heavy side.

Also has that wheelbase where body choices get slim if you like to swap bodies.

Thank you all for the help. I've done a lot of research over the last month, and I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Capra. The reason is that a lot of the guys I run with run highly-modified crawlers that I'd like to keep up with. In the future I defiantly plan on building a 10 2, but right now I can't afford to throw a lot of upgrades at something. And Chubaka I wish I could buy all three, but sadly I'm not that rich lol. Thank you all again for the help!

My wife has the Gen 8 v2 and it suffers a little from the same issue the TRX4 Defender does with being a little on the top heavy side.

Also has that wheelbase where body choices get slim if you like to swap bodies.
The main reason I like it is the body, so that wouldn't be an issue. And it's easy to move weight around on crawlers.

Thank you all for the help. I've done a lot of research over the last month, and I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Capra. The reason is that a lot of the guys I run with run highly-modified crawlers that I'd like to keep up with. In the future I defiantly plan on building a 10 2, but right now I can't afford to throw a lot of upgrades at something. And Chubaka I wish I could buy all three, but sadly I'm not that rich lol. Thank you all again for the help!
Capra is a great choice and at 300$ it’s a bargain. If you get tired of the high weight you can buy a chassis kit and make it into something else. Lots of options for that. Good luck with it!

Capra is a great choice and at 300$ it’s a bargain. If you get tired of the high weight you can buy a chassis kit and make it into something else. Lots of options for that. Good luck with it!
Just picked it up this morning and threw a 3s in it. Looks like it'll be a ripper! I thought about taking the springs out and running it like that but idk. It'll be a while before I can properly test it but I've got some good rocks and wood in the backyard I can build a course with. Thanks for the luck man!

Just picked it up this morning and threw a 3s in it. Looks like it'll be a ripper! I thought about taking the springs out and running it like that but idk. It'll be a while before I can properly test it but I've got some good rocks and wood in the backyard I can build a course with. Thanks for the luck man!
If anything leave the springs and drain 2/3 3/4 fluid. Should give a scale setup. Thats how I have been running my 10.2 and love it. Congrats on your new ride.

The main reason I like it is the body, so that wouldn't be an issue. And it's easy to move weight around on crawlers.

I love the body as well. Don't know if you've ever looked but Redcat released a bunch of STLs for the truck, different grills, wipers, and some other stuff.

I love the body as well. Don't know if you've ever looked but Redcat released a bunch of STLs for the truck, different grills, wipers, and some other stuff.
I did not know that. Very cool! And a very good idea for them to do that.

I have a scx10 ll and a element rc. I definitely like the element better. Out of the box the element is a better performer in my opinion. If you are considering the Capra take a look at the element gatekeeper it’s on sale for $300 also. The element has overdrive options right it of the box. All that you are looking at are good but generally the ones that have the most scale looks and licensed bodies are top heavy and much more tippy. Have fun with what ever you pick. Oh and a lot upgrade parts are also available for the elements

Ecto..., awesome out of the box.

81EDDE06-E8D6-41D0-8E09-4539E42AA612.jpeg

The scx10 has slot of upgrades.