Aww shoot, here we go again... new crawler build starting soon.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still need to order a set of servo horns for mine, still haven't decided on a motor yet, I think the can needs to be 50mm long and what I had here was a little big. Fortunately the dig and overdrive servos don't need to be super strong. I've got tons of servos from deceased aircraft. Me thinks yours is going to be burlier than mine.

I still need to order a set of servo horns for mine, still haven't decided on a motor yet, I think the can needs to be 50mm long and what I had here was a little big. Fortunately the dig and overdrive servos don't need to be super strong. I've got tons of servos from deceased aircraft. Me thinks yours is going to be burlier than mine.
Could be, but idk. I know the quicrun Fusion won't fit, but rumor has it the Spektrum 2 in 1 that just came out fits with like 0.5mm of clearance. Might be an avenue worth investigating since so much if spektrum is rebranded HW

I was a little disappointed when the restock date for my backorder Phoenix kit came and went without a whisper, but AMain just updated the expected restock date on their website from the December 22nd it was when I ordered it, to no date, to now January 15th.

I am ok waiting, but having a date to look forward to instead of being stuck in indefinite limbo is so much more comfortable.

This may give me time to order a Noble Pro, anyways! Speaking of which, for those of you that own a Noble Pro or a regular NB4, can any of the buttons or switches be configured as 3 position switches? I have been heavily considering the Noble Pro since it was released, but the two 3 position switches on my Radiolink are so convenient for the 3 dig and transmission settings that I may keep it as a strictly crawler radio, and disregard using the Noble for this build at all.

I was thinking about picking up a Radiolink RC6GS for my crawlers. I have a spektrum for my bashers but the recievers cost way to much for me to redo a bunch of rigs at once. My transmitter collection is getting out of control.

I was thinking about picking up a Radiolink RC6GS for my crawlers. I have a spektrum for my bashers but the recievers cost way to much for me to redo a bunch of rigs at once. My transmitter collection is getting out of control.
I love my RC6GS, but the model memory is pretty slim at 10 models. It also sucks down batteries like no tomorrow, so be aware of that. The cheap receivers is a huge plus, though.

I thought I was going to stop buying things for this build, and run with stock wheels and tires, but when Tower Hobbies has Pit Bulls for 25% off my spending addiction kicks in, lol.

20220102_221920.jpg

Let's face it @ABabyEater , an RC addition can NOT be controlled period. ;)
Anytime I buy something, I don't blame it on my addiction, I just simply stand myself in the corner for time out because I just dipped into my
Kraken Vekta.5 fund.:(

Let's face it @ABabyEater , an RC addition can NOT be controlled period. ;)
Anytime I buy something, I don't blame it on my addiction, I just simply stand myself in the corner for time out because I just dipped into my
Kraken Vekta.5 fund.:(
Heck, there would be a fat guy silhouetted into the corner from the sunlight fading the paint around me if I did that 😜

Heck, there would be a fat guy silhouetted into the corner from the sunlight fading the paint around me if I did that 😜
I get that bro, the good news here on my end is I've lost 13 lbs. since I started my diet the day after Christmas...:thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:
I'm hoping my Dr. says "Good Job Man" now go out and celebrate and buy yourself a Vekta.5.;)

I get that bro, the good news here on my end is I've lost 13 lbs. since I started my diet the day after Christmas...:thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:
I'm hoping my Dr. says "Good Job Man" now go out and celebrate and buy yourself a Vekta.5.;)
Amazing what a good BM can do for you! 🤣 Seriously congrats, I no longer have the will power to lose weight. (hangs head in shame) I freakin' love food too much.

Last edited:
Amazing what a good BM can do for you! 🤣 Seriously congrats, I know longer have the will power to lose weight. (hangs head in shame) I freakin' love food too much.
Yeah, same here (he says while waiting patiently for pizza to be delivered). 😜

About 8 years ago when my health went to chit I started to lose weight, "on purpose mind you" and lost 110 lbs. but I gained quite a bit of that back after the Covid BS came around.
Now my heart is better, but I need to take the weight back off.

Last edited:
Holy bench test Batman!
20220109_161954.jpg

So yeah, I got bored waiting for the actual kit to arrive, so I benched the electronics, including testing intercompatibility between the two light kits... and so far they work. The Incision lights are WAY brighter than the MyTrickRC ones (not to say the MTRC ones aren't bright, just that the Incisions ones are that much better) that being said, the Dragon controller is way cooler. I just wish I could figure out how to run running/brake lights in red alongside reverse lights in white, but I don't thing the Phoenix has buckets for it anyways.

20220109_162525.jpg

I even got this bad boy rigged for full control of all servo functions, including lights, and cruise control.

Holy poop, that is starting to look complicated. Probably because it all spread out like someone dropped a plate of spaghetti on your work bench. Good idea getting it all sorted while you wait for the actual kit. :thumbs-up:

Back