Aww shoot, here we go again... new crawler build starting soon.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy poop, that is starting to look complicated. Probably because it all spread out like someone dropped a plate of spaghetti on your work bench. Good idea getting it all sorted while you wait for the actual kit. :thumbs-up:
"Sorted" is a very loose term šŸ¤£

I definitely am glad to have all the programming (except endpoints and subtrim) taken care of, and to confirm that all electronics work before installing. I'm sure that the wiring will be very simplified as I get it all installed. Still debating on if I want to run a winch or not.

"Sorted" is a very loose term šŸ¤£

I definitely am glad to have all the programming (except endpoints and subtrim) taken care of, and to confirm that all electronics work before installing. I'm sure that the wiring will be very simplified as I get it all installed. Still debating on if I want to run a winch or not.

For me, I have no use for a winch, unless I was competing, I can't see myself ever using it. Well other than for looks, but then I wouldn't bother to hook it up. But if I have it I might as well hook it up, never know, it might come in handy.

Hmmmmm, I see your dilemma. šŸ¤£

For me, I have no use for a winch, unless I was competing, I can't see myself ever using it. Well other than for looks, but then I wouldn't bother to hook it up. But if I have it I might as well hook it up, never know, it might come in handy.

Hmmmmm, I see your dilemma. šŸ¤£
Yeah, micro bungees are just way more convenient for casual crawling, but just having a winch would be pretty cool. The new micro winch from NSDRC (RS100) seems really promising, and there are some sweet land anchors to match. I wonder if there are any scale Bubba ropes or full recovery straps šŸ¤”

Another backorder date came and went today... next Thursday is another restock... supposedly. I am getting really peeved at AMain for their dumb pay more to get placed higher in the backorder queue policy.

Last I looked, it was moved to Feb 3rd. If I do not get a shipping notice by then I may just cancel my order. :(

Another restock date has come and gone without a whisper. Starting to get real tired of AMain's backorder policy.

First parts have come in, with plenty more on the way. I'll be building a Vanquish Phoenix Portal kit, with some delightful electronics and a few mods to hopefully make the body stand out a little compared to the rest.

Starting with stock (or near stock) to see how the truck performs, I hope to use it to experiment with tuning shocks, and trying out different shock types. (I'm looking at you, Desert Lizzards)

View attachment 139366

From left to right:
Castle Copperhead 10, will pull the sensor harness and fan, but I need to find a good way to mount the power switch.

Holmes Hobbies Revolver 540 V2, 2200kv, we will see how the KV works. Maybe too slow, maybe too fast, who knows...

Holmes Hobbies SHV500V3 direct power servo. These things are supposed to be monsters. It'll be my first time playing with a direct power servo.

(Oh yeah, and I picked up one of those huge Arrma pit mats to wrench on)
Cool build, I'm a bit late to the party! Isn't that motor one of those used in the bigger heli's? It looks to big to be a drone motor, but I know very little about aerial RCs! I'd recommend find the best locations for the power switch, secure it with a bit of duct tape, and try to turn the swtich on and off sveral times in each different position. Think about the pros and cons to each, like if you mount in facing down on like a side rail/chassis runner, you'll have easy access to it, but it could get turned off by rocks as you traverse terrain. After think about this, choose the best location, take the tape off, and secure the switch with hot glue or double sided tape. Avoid super glue as it can melt some plastics, and CA glue and electric don't mix well; as well as, if you use CA glue, you'll have a heck of a time re-positioning the switch if need be!

Another restock date has come and gone without a whisper. Starting to get real tired of AMain's backorder policy.
I gave up on my Vanquish, went ahead and cancelled my order. I'm giving an MST kit a try. looks like it could be a fun build and it was delivered in two days.

I gave up on my Vanquish, went ahead and cancelled my order. I'm giving an MST kit a try. looks like it could be a fun build and it was delivered in two days.
I have the MST FJ body on my TRX4. Side by side with other 1/10 scale rigs, it is much closer to a 1/8 scale swb due to the size of the body. FJs are small, the MST cab is as tall or taller than the body of the TRX4 bronco.

I kind of like the stubby little guy, thought I would try something different. Just need some painting weather to get some projects moving again.

ITS FINALLY HAPPENING!!

Screenshot_20220217-211200_Chrome.jpg

Back