Associated's Monster GT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Good pics. I like the slipper clutch, and how its so easy to adjust. The exhaust is pretty weird though. The newest truck from XTM has that kind of exhaust. Its called the X-Factor. Thanks for the pics Fast Eddy, makes me more anxious. BTW: did they discuss the release date by any chance?
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I might be eating my words later, but every picture I have seen of this truck makes me think "big tycoo toy" I dunno, maybe its the use of plastic everywhere. The chassis alone makes me think they pulled a plastic lid off of a square container and started there.

The coat hanger looking roll bar/handle doesn't help either. I also dont like the fake shock reservoirs, granted it may look cool. I think its deceiving. I believe they should have used a "standard" exhaust setup if you ask me. The fact that this setup is only really found for the Monster GT means that you'll have to wait until people start making tuned pipes and such for it. I'd rather have the option of putting most any .21 pipes on my monster truck like I do my savage instead of waiting around for someone to make me one.

Granted only time will tell. I do hope RCNT gets a chance to review this truck, and if so I hope all my complaints or worries are washed away by this truck.

-Michael

woodie - it looks to me that by rotating the manifold 180 degrees, you should be able to put an aftermarket tuned pipe on this vehicle. Also, lots of plastic u say? now granted - it does have more than say... my NTC3, but you cannot possibly say that it has more plastic than a tmaxx? I mean look at those frame bulkheads! Alas - you say the pipe is unusual, yet it is the exact same pipe that comes with the RC10GT and the NTC3.

It uses a standard pipe. The chassis is made of aluminum but they choose to make the pan out of plastic. The truck is not protected from the top. The handle is a bad design and will crack the plastic pan the first time you land on the lid.

When I asked what was up with the fake shocks the AE employee cringed a bit and shrugged his shoulders with an embarrassed look on his face.:jet:

Overall the truck is solid and I'm sure that given time AE will get it right. They are to good of a company to release a box of crap on the market.

From what I understand the release date is late fall just in tome for pre-x-mass publicity.

I concur with Eddy's first hand assessment. The exhaust is a standard rear exhaust and tuned pipe. It might look wierd becuase the engine is sitting on the chassis rotated 90 degrees from what you normally see. The drive shaft is pointing toward the side of the chassis pan.

From what I see, i'm not overly impressed with it. Too much plastic. Same complaint on the "handle". This thing looks like someone had a good idea and ran out of money to make it the way they envisioned it. I mean come on fake piggy back reservoirs on the shocks.

SilentHunterKellen...since you are a big TYCO/NIKKO toy runner...perhaps this is the truck for you. Now you can make your decision and stop spamming the crap out of the forum with your "Which truck should I get?" crap.
=devil

Eddy, That IS a TTR .21 engine in it right? And they are coming out with that truck equipped with that engine right? Just wondering. I dont wanna have to pay about $450.00 and have to do an engine swap also! Just wondering.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
SilentHunterKellen...since you are a big TYCO/NIKKO toy runner...perhaps this is the truck for you. Now you can make your decision and stop spamming the crap out of the forum with your "Which truck should I get?" crap.
=devil

Damn Noisyhunterkellen - talk about getting burned by skymaxx!

Sky - what are the shock res. used for? and why on earth would they put fake ones on? can't be production status, can it? I mean AE is usually top notch, can't imagine that they would come out with anything that would get eaten by Traxxas or HPI?

=devil

Damnit Sky. I havent asked one question about which truck to get since...I forget. I already made my Decision. So stop bothering me. I cut down on posting, and I Stopped Spamming, I try to either ask questions, or answer some. So please leave me alone. Gad Damn.....:censored:
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I totally agree with WoodiE. It looks like a big Tyco. Fake resevoirs? What the hell is AE thinking? :confused: I don't like it at all. No Sir...I don't like it

Last edited:
They are reservoirs for extra shock fluid. They relieve/absorb the "waterhammer" effect that occurs from repetitive cycling of the shocks or from huge jumps that cause the shocks to compress faster than they are supposed to.

Great idea, but adding fake reservoirs to accomplish a look is insulting our intelligence. Until Eddy told us they were fake, I was going to be giving them some serious kudos for coming up with shocks with piggybacks as a stock item. Now, I'll simply ridicule the truck and say...no thanks.

Originally posted by SilentHunterKellen

Damnit Sky. I havent asked one question about which truck to get since...I forget. I already made my Decision. So stop bothering me. I cut down on posting, and I Stopped Spamming, I try to either ask questions, or answer some. So please leave me alone. Gad Damn.....:censored:

GOTCHA!

:D

Last edited:
OMFG...I'm trying to tell you that I stopped, So you accuse me? Thats it! Ima never make a post anymore...okay..maybenot. Ill try to friggin not get caught by Sky Police. Thats it, I Wont get caught by Sky Police. Now, that thats all said and done...This post has to be long so, I dont think you guys should Bash on the MGT just cuz the damn thing has fake piggyback res. shocks. If you go to the website (www.teamassociated.com) They state that the shocks will be removed when they put it up for production. Overall the truck seems great. Just remove the rollbar, and done.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

SilentHunterKellen...you speak as if you are guilty. See my last post (the one prior to yours). Notice the big "gotcha". It's called a joke. Now, get off the your sensitive little behind and stop being such a baby. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

Last edited:
SilentHunterKellen...you speak as if you are guilty. See my last post (the one prior to yours). Notice the big "gotcha". It's called a joke. Now, get off the your sensitive little behind and stop being such a baby. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.
LMFAO, you guys are to funny!!! At first I liked the truck, but than I saw the roll bar and was like WTF??? 1 crash and who knows what will break. I could live with the shocks cause they dam sure "look" better than the SAVAGE shocks. Maybe thats just a proto, and upon the release, they might beef it up some more.

The roll bar looks like a clothes line for Barbie to hang her clothes on.

I was impressed with the initial pics that AE released months ago, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm sorry for taking it so seriously...but lately NitroDave has been riding my ass all day. I just can't let up with out gettin poop on for making a post thats Shorter than the latest Grisham Novel. But I am guilty. I did :spam alot before. But now, Done...thats history. Meet the new me.
Twizted, I agree, those shocks will sure fool my dum ass neighbors. The roll bar can be fixed, you can be sure that some aftermakret parts company will come out with a stronger roll-bar once they realize how weak the stock one is. The Sideways engine is a good idea. The exhaust wont get over the truck, or over the body for that matter. Good Job AE. :hehe:
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Back