Arrma EXB Compatibility

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tortuga_rc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am evaluating the crazy idea to buy a Kraton EXB roller chassis and temporarily install there the parts from my old cheap RC car, for a few months.

Can someone help me to figure out if it would even be possible?

These are the parts:

ESC: Hobbywing SC8 RTR

25 kg metal servo

Dumbo RC X6 Gyro Receiver

Motor: KV: 4370 Watts: 550 Max Voltage: 2S Max Current: 46A Max RPM: 50,000 Length: 50mm Outer Diameter (w/fins): 35.8mm Weight: 168g Shaft Diameter: 3.17mm Turns: 9T Rotor (Pole): 2-pole Stator Length: 25mm (motor supports 3s)

The diameter of the EXB pinion is 5mm, so I would need to use my 3.17 mm smaller pinion, would it work ?

New 3S Battery I would purchase separately.

Last edited:
3200kv is known by many rc-ers the max kv for 3 cells so 4370kv is way to many

3200kv is known by many rc-ers the max kv for 3 cells so 4370kv is way to many
I can put in a 4S LiPo no prob. The ESC supports 4S. I was just reading the motor specs and it mentions 2s or 3s, this is why I considered them.

just because esc is 4 cell rated doent make that motor a 4 cell motor.. I tried to give some fyi and your choosing to ignore it . please video it when you run it I like smoke shows

just because esc is 4 cell rated doent make that motor a 4 cell motor.. I tried to give some fyi and your choosing to ignore it . please video it when you run it I like smoke shows
Far from ignoring it! I have probably expressed badly my intention.
All these words made me feel safer in my choice.
I decided to shut down the project and just buy a plain vanilla arrma big Rock.

3650 is too small for a 1/8th scale. Won't have nearly enough torque unless it's geared super low. 4072 is the base for 1/8th usually, but a lot of guys like running larger for more torque/cooler operation.

The SC8 is too small as well at 120amps, should run a 150A esc like the max8.

To be honest, that motor would be too small to run in even my stampede 4x4. It started with a 3660/3500kv in it which was enough on 2S, but ran hot on 3S.

I run the older arrma blx2050kv which is a 4074 size, but I drive it with a max6. I run that combo in both my outcast and brushless revo 2.0, both on 6S.

Good choice to just grab the Big Rock. You'll get a good feel of the 3s power and durability of the Arrma rigs. Warning though if you've never ran these newer rigs your going to be hooked!! I started with a cheap Hosim 9125 (2s) truck and then got the Arrma Granite 3s BLX and got hooked! Now not even a year later I've got 5 Arrma rigs 4- 6s rigs and my trusty 3s Granite that is still a little beast. Look forward to hearing how you like the new beast! And definitely keep the old 25kg servo as it would be an upgrade to the stock servo in the Big Rock if it will fit?and also I personally like the DumboRC rx/tx way better than the SLT3 that comes with the Big Rock, and gives you more channels for lights etc

3650 is too small for a 1/8th scale. Won't have nearly enough torque unless it's geared super low. 4072 is the base for 1/8th usually, but a lot of guys like running larger for more torque/cooler operation.

The SC8 is too small as well at 120amps, should run a 150A esc like the max8.

To be honest, that motor would be too small to run in even my stampede 4x4. It started with a 3660/3500kv in it which was enough on 2S, but ran hot on 3S.

I run the older arrma blx2050kv which is a 4074 size, but I drive it with a max6. I run that combo in both my outcast and brushless revo 2.0, both on 6S.
I'll get back to you on that 120A being not enough ESC. I got an old WP-SC8 coupled with a 4274 1700kv motor currently mounted in my EXB that is said to have max 95 amps.

I had the max10 sct in my stampede with a 3665 3100kv on it and it would overheat on me on 3S after 15 minutes or so. I moved that system over to my ejato and put 1/8th sized stuff in my stampede after installing a slash chassis to give me more room for it.

I didn't even think to try to run the 4074 2200kv off the max10 sct. lol! Will be curious how yours does on it.

WP-SC8: max/peak - 120A/760A
max10 sct: max/peak - 120A/830A

Back