anyone know anything about this model?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just kinda in general, being HPI is a good thing. Hop ups and spare/replacements should be easy to get for it, which is one of the most important things to consider.

I'm in Northern Ireland .
we use pounds here aswell and postage isn't that bad.
so the model isn't that bad?
do you think its gonna be fast?good drifter?
thanks

Its not gonna be "exciting" fast since its just a brushed 540 motor and nimh batteries. You need to find one thats already setup with a brushless motor/esc combo and lipo capable if you want real fast.
But it would be fun if you dont have any brushless/lipo rigs yet so you wont know what your missing lol. :D
The price will probably pass the other ones price by alot but this one would be real nice.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HPI-SPRINT-2-...trolled_JN&hash=item4155b0a962#ht_1031wt_1139

You could always upgrade that one though later on down the road too and for drifting it would definatly drift with drift tires, so yeah probably an ok drifter.

will that car have everything to get going ?eg.chargers,batteries,motors etc?

The one you linked too? I dont see where it says it comes with a charger, but it does come with a battery. It also comes with a 2.4 radio setup, which is a win win. Chargers are easy to get for cheap...

EDIT.... Yeap, it comes with a charger too, so it is completely ready to run.

no the hpi sprint is it ready to run straight out of the package?
thanks for your help

Ummmm no it looks like it includes a battery (not lipo though) but no charger. Radio isnt 2.4 either which kinda sucks. But it is lipo capable out of the box which is awesome and its brushless which is also awesome...But, does cost alot more, doesn't come with lipo, doesn't come with a charger and doesn't come with a nice radio....hmmmm

Hopefully someone else will chime in too. I might actually go with the one you linked too, since the radio is good, it is new, it is completely ready to run out of the box too then just upgrade to a brushless setup later on down the road. I linked to that one to show it as an option but I dont really like buying used brushless rigs cuz theres a good chance its had the crap driven out of it and they are way more expensive to replace than a brushed motor.

alrite thanks thanks slowngreen.
il buy the hpi maverick strada tonite.