Best boats for me ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinZ09

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m new to RC boating although I have experience with RC cars . I want to buy three boats to race on lake with my sons both adults . So hear is what I’m thinking. We bought a couple of 16” little boats that went 10mph that got old fast . I’m not a builder guy so I was looking at RTR boats . The boats I am considering buying are the Udi Arrow , vortex sr80 ,pro boat sonic wake , pro boat U19 .after researching I like the looks of hydroplane boats but not sure they will hold up . Thinking I need more of a boat that can hold up . Thanks for everyone’s opinions and help

I've never owned or ran a RC boat but they are definitely in my future. I'm not going to mess around so mine will be a larger scale gas powered boat.

the arrow gets my vote after this vid
https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...5d5a89cc0059900b81f1b9ba8328f6ff&action=click

Id stay away from a cat .I have 5 boats in my fleet non under 32 " my miss budweiser is my fav as long water is calm.it has twin screws run on 4 cell lipo. will hit 65 mph on water I have bronze props on it..I also have a retrivel boat I made from a pool noodle boat.its exercise rolls held together flex seal glue and wooden stiiffner rods .. with .its a dragger type with 1" below water line grab hook.

I agree with tntpoof. Just get whatever you like that is brushless and self-righting. Seems most designs are just copies of each other, but most all fast and fun, especially on 3 and 4S. Check your local craigsist. People tend to practically give these boats away, when they don't know what to do with them. You will definitely need to save your boat, at some point. Make sure to bring an innertube and some trunks too. Haha!