Anyone accidentally stab themselves with a lexan body reamer?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched a guy use emery cloth on a lathe h turning a steel rod till it caught up and wrapped his arm around the rod.couldnt get to the stop switch in time his arm was still spinning on rod when I stopped it

Took some very bad advice from the father-in-law and tried to adjust the tension on my garage door spring... Turns out those things are very dangerous.
So are wind up baby swings. I youngest had one when she was a baby and when I was winding it, something
broke loose and it played the whole version of Little Drummer Boy on the back of my hand.

No but I've been injured twice in the past year at work..................

1715139383319.png

1715139405389.png

1715139430716.png

1715139474684.png

Neither one of those looked pleasant. I can't believe your arm didn't bruise more for as good as it got smashed.

TNT:
"I watched a guy use emery cloth on a lathe h turning a steel rod till it caught up and wrapped his arm around the rod.couldnt get to the stop switch in time his arm was still spinning on rod when I stopped it"

So, did you utilize:
".....avian blood stop( its for blood feathers when trimming a birds wings) a bottle of super glue with an applicator brush and a 20 pack of various sutures and a small set of hemos"

The wounds are in a spot very near some major blood vessels. Lucky in that sense.
Yeah they were afraid I might have hit one so I had an MRI.

But I guess I'm not as lucky as I thought I was.
I am still having issues with my shoulder and neck. It hurts randomly for no reason and it just has this weird feeling that comes and goes as well. I went in to see an orthopedic doctor on Thursday about it he said that there was nothing physically wrong, that it's most likely permanent nerve damage and I'm just going to have to live with it. 😕 The doctor told me that he was going to try to get workman's comp to pay for an impairment assessment.

Yeah they were afraid I might have hit one so I had an MRI.

But I guess I'm not as lucky as I thought I was.
I am still having issues with my shoulder and neck. It hurts randomly for no reason and it just has this weird feeling that comes and goes as well. I went in to see an orthopedic doctor on Thursday about it he said that there was nothing physically wrong, that it's most likely permanent nerve damage and I'm just going to have to live with it. 😕 The doctor told me that he was going to try to get workman's comp to pay for an impairment assessment.

Once it's been altered it's never quite the same again. If you break your leg the put a cast on it for 6 weeks and your good. But you have a limp for the next 6 months. Then it rains.

We can't go through life without a few battle scars. I have my share. Hang in there it could be worse.

@Slick2500 The problem with aging is all these injuries accumulate and the pain is always there. You get enough injuries and it can do a number on you. My knees are shot, it's not fun, constant pain. When my knees back and feet all start in at once it's miserable.

If they can do something for you that's cool, but be cautious of unneccessary surgeries, they tend to make things worse. I can't remember if you did any physicsl therapy for your shoulder but sometimes excersize and just keeping it in motion can be helpful.

@Slick2500 The problem with aging is all these injuries accumulate and the pain is always there. You get enough injuries and it can do a number on you. My knees are shot, it's not fun, constant pain. When my knees back and feet all start in at once it's miserable.

If they can do something for you that's cool, but be cautious of unneccessary surgeries, they tend to make things worse. I can't remember if you did any physicsl therapy for your shoulder but sometimes excersize and just keeping it in motion can be helpful.
Solid advice. Keep moving or you wont.

PT is good stuff saved me some surgery that probably wouldn't have worked anyway.

Well just because I'me a moron, tonight I reached into a box that had an Xacto knife in it. I told myself not to leave that knife in there, but I just put it there for a minute to keep it from rolling off the table. Needless to say, lots of blood, but super glue to the rescue. :rolleyes:🤣

Well just because I'me a moron, tonight I reached into a box that had an Xacto knife in it. I told myself not to leave that knife in there, but I just put it there for a minute to keep it from rolling off the table. Needless to say, lots of blood, but super glue to the rescue. :rolleyes:🤣

Hopefully you didn't get any blood on the RC. :p