And... There it is.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior4Jesus

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Sold my two trucks and here be the result. I am tearing it down and lock tightening everything and ca gluing everything. If it breaks it will get aluminum. Tada!

image.jpeg

Its a big one for sure. You have it in Mcdonalds?

Its a big one for sure. You have it in Mcdonalds?
Yea, the guy in the pic is my dad and every time i get a new truck i go to McDonald's and show it off to him. Trying to get him into the hobby with me.

@Warrior4Jesus let us know how it holds up and how you like it.
Probably be a few weeks before i run it. I'm going to take it down to the chassis and loctite everything. Going to replace some things with aluminum right off the bat like the front and rear bumper and a arms. Going to pull the diffs and check fluid. Going to add the killer rc kill switch. Just the normal stuff. Lol

Last edited:
Use the blue loctite, not the red. Red is VERY difficult to ever break loose again when you need to repair something.

You should stick to plastic arms. Aluminum arms are good for nothing but bling at any scale.

Use the blue loctite, not the red. Red is VERY difficult to ever break loose again when you need to repair something.
Face palm. I red Loctite one wheel on my summit. I had to heat it up to get it back off when i realized what i had done. I used it by mistake. Darn the luck.

You should stick to plastic arms. Aluminum arms are good for nothing but bling at any scale.

I was about to say that. If you go with aluminum, a more important part will break. It's always good to have an inexpensive sacrificial part in the line. If you hit a curb or a tree you'll do FAR more damage to the truck and you'll probably bend the aluminum at the same time.

I have always heard the Rages were better/higher quality rigs than their 1/10 and 1/8 stuff. The only thing I don't like about the trucks is how low the chassis sits and the body sets above everything. I like a more realistic look.

I have always heard the Rages were better/higher quality rigs than their 1/10 and 1/8 stuff. The only thing I don't like about the trucks is how low the chassis sits and the body sets above everything. I like a more realistic look.
I am working on that. You can offset the effect with larger wheels.

Aluminum because the plastic ones break easily, and rpm does not make arms for the rampage xt.

Aluminum will also bend out of shape at lower impact speeds than a plastic one can take. Plastic will flex and "bounce back" much easier than trying to manhandle a metal piece back into perfect original alignment.

I've always found that the gel locktite works better than the liquid, as does the stick version.
noted. to do list buy gel loctite.

Aluminum will also bend out of shape at lower impact speeds than a plastic one can take. Plastic will flex and "bounce back" much easier than trying to manhandle a metal piece back into perfect original alignment.
I was thinking in winter bent is better than broke. I guess we'll see how the plastic ones do. I am a little more experienced now

I never go with aluminum arms on anything larger than a 1/18 scale mini. The plastic is cheap for the larger models and is more resilient.